I wonder how many have thought of this...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    Last Wednesday my oldest son was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. that was a heartbreak for my family... as I'm sure you can all imagine. the real heavy thought is the prepping side of the house. I would like to make this link available to you. I have also found the perfect website to purchase the needed items at under $500. think about the obvious risk please before ever attempting the actual TEOTWAWKI insulin injection, however, a bunny and some time will defiantly make the fear of loss of a loved one go away.

1-2-3 Home Made Insulin - Survivalist Forum
    I would recomend printing this off asap.

https://www.colonialscientific.com/
    Where i get all my specialty stuff for every item i need to make chemically. there are specific rules that revolve around this purchase of some chemicals, but, with the correct credentials, you would be fine.

Hope this helps

M

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Sorry to hear about your son. My daughter was diagnosed 7 years ago when she was 6. I know exactly what you and your family are going through. I am here to assure you life gets easier. You will eventually fall into a rhythm of managing his disease and life goes on.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    IDDM and NIDDM is a tough road for patient and families to hike especially for JD. Prayers inbound.

I know that its expected by survivalist that medical related complications will be the largest contributor to death in the first 24hrs-1week in a full TEOTWAWKI, mostly because of HTN, IDDM, CAD, and infection, just to name the basics. I know its tough to swallow, God Bless in your endeavors. I would suggest, if you are considering this as an option, start with trial now, don't wait until you have to do it. Keep a good journal and put back as many harvesting supplies as possible.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Good luck with your son. While I "only" have type II diabetes, you sound like you are on your way to managing it. Find out all you can, network with other families, and make sure your son learns how to control it.

Top Bottom