• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    North Louisville (So Ind)
    First off, I know that this is not going to be the 4th Sunday of the month like usual, for some reason I had the calendar marked wrong and I am unable to move things around to get it set up the 24th.

Second, last match was a bear of a match and we had some difficulties that were created because of mistakes on my part. Without delving too far into that, I am aiming for a smaller match, still plenty of shooting involved, but less complicated and a LOT less steel to haul around.

For this match we are going to be shooting the ICORE International Postal Match which will cover about 126 rounds minimum across 4 stages. The scoring will be done with the score sheets they provide and we will be submitting those to ICORE for those who want to have their scores posted for the IPM. We are also going to shoot 2 steel challenge stages; Showdown and Speed Option, which will acount for 50 rounds minimum. So the total minimum round count will be 176.

We will be setting up the Saturday before the match (the 30th) and any help is appreciated.

Match fees are as they usually are, $15 for non-club members, $10 for club members, $5 for MIL/LE/FIRE/EMS. Anybody willing to help set up or RO will shoot free. Any questions post here, or email me at icorestu@gmail.com

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    For those who are unaware of what the Postal Match is, here is a breif explanation of it. It is a series of stages designed by the ICORE home organization and are designed to be able to allow any affiliated club to be able to shoot without the need for lots of equipment (steel). It is paper only match, all clubs set up the stages the same way and submit their scores to be tabulated and the scores are published. It is a means to compete in a single match across the entire organization, without having to travel a long ways (such as you would have for a regional or national championship). The other benefit of this match is that it can be shot in Rimfire Division also. It is supposed to be a means to introduce people to ICORE without requiring a lot of gear initially.

Also, since the IPM allows for Rimfire Division, so will the steel challenge stages. So if any compeitior wants to shoot the entire match with in Rimfire Division, they are welcome to do so.

For those wishing to shoot Rimfire Division and may not have a holster, many of us have extra and if you ask ahead of time we can bring it out for you to use. The other option is to shoot from ready position for Rimfire Division. Please make sure you have enough speedloaders for the stages also.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Forgot to add this in the post. We are going to do last minute set up/ target placement at 8am Sunday morning, registration at 9 in the clubhouse, shooters meeting at 9:45 and shooting to begin at 10.

We are going to allow Outlaw division at this match; so if you don't have a revolver or can't find one to borrow, you can bring your semi-auto to shoot.

Last edited:

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Just a reminder to everybody, ICORE is not this weekend, but the next weekend (July 31). I have had some people ask why its not on the 4th Sunday this month, I had the wrong weekend marked in my calendar. Just want to remind everybody so noboy shows up to the range tomorrow expecting to shoot ICORE.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Thanks for the fun match! Glad we had simple stages with the small squads.

Here's a little video of what the match looked like behind the 929. Far from perfect, but there were some positive moments.

[video=youtube;uNbaGD1ehFI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNbaGD1ehFI[/video]

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Haha. Maybe someday. Gotta cont to get better on mine first.

"In order to grow as a shooter, one needs to suck on different platforms."
    author unknown

What is holding me back is all the stuff (holster, clips, belt, clip holders,mooner, demooner, special brass, competition tuning & parts, grips, clip flatness checker, weirdo clothes because revolver people always dress funny) .

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    "In order to grow as a shooter, one needs to suck on different platforms."
    author unknown

What is holding me back is all the stuff (holster, clips, belt, clip holders,mooner, demooner, special brass, competition tuning & parts, grips, clip flatness checker, weirdo clothes because revolver people always dress funny) .

I'm working on a plan where I can loan out my rig to people who want to try wheelgun. I think I'd trade a day of revo for a day of Open! Granted, I fully intend to burn 100% of the ammo I'm given! :D

Oh, and I don't wear weird clothes because I shoot revolver. I was shooting Revolver YEARS before I started wearing clothes! or was it the other way around?

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I'm working on a plan where I can loan out my rig to people who want to try wheelgun. I think I'd trade a day of revo for a day of Open! Granted, I fully intend to burn 100% of the ammo I'm given! :D

I need to just stop whining and shoot my 6 shooter the next time I get a chance to make it to an ICORE match. One does not always have to have the best toys to play the game.
    Would be neat if revolver had sort of a low budget entry division that was popular , sort of like production in USPSA.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Would be neat if revolver had sort of a low budget entry division that was popular , sort of like production in USPSA.
    Classic? $350 gun and you're off n running! This postal match specifically has accommodation for people without holsters or speedloader pouches! What more could you ask for out of an International match??

I tried Classic for a match and it was like any Limited shooter going to Production: So much Work! But I'll try it again! :D

My Classic Rig:
    $425 gun (although i have a $350 gun which will work with this rig)
    7 x $13 speedloaders = $91
    $5 = home made kydex speed loader holders (they look Terrible!)
    $40 belt (buy the Double Alpha, I didn't and it was dumb)
    $60 holster (could always go cheaper or use left-over kydex and make your own for an additional $5)
    So there ya go, I'm $620 into Classic without being very careful on my budget. If you used an old belt and home-made kydex holster, you're within $100 of the cost of the gun! How's that for affordable entry!
    :D

Last edited:

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON

Well lets see:D
    Holster= needed with any different platform.
    Clips= magazines
    Belt= needed for any platform
    clip holders= mag pouches
    mooner= mag loader
    demooner= you got me here but you can make your own if you ever played golf.
    Special brass= that you get back and can reuse for years.
    Competition tuning and parts= Needed for any platform
    Grips= Stock works fine but no other platform gives you as many options as a revolver.
    Clip flatness checker= I'll give you one.
    I don't think the revolver has anything to do with how some people dress:dunno:

Excuses are a dime a dozen.
    Revolver is not for everyone but don't knock it until you try it.
    Revolver is still the most fun and challenging thing I have done in the shooting sports.
    :stickpoke:

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    To Bosshoss's point:
    A year in I was Still using home made clip holders = free. (finally changed from heavy steel to speedy tactical plastic this summer)
    My demooner is Still a piece of copper pipe = $1
    I'm Still using the same range pick-up brass that I started with a year ago! (that should probably change...)
    And if you hire the cheapest, shoddiest gunsmith on the block, you can get your gun worked over pretty cheap!
    :D:D;):stickpoke:

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Well lets see:D

I think the thing is most folks have already got everything they need (except perhaps enough mags or mag holders) for semi auto and they have the basic skills for trigger control and reloading & etc, so they can try that game at maybe just the cost of ammo or worst case $100.00 plus ammo.

Not grousing in any way, just pondering that with wheel guns , even at $350 for a classic rig (which is cool) , there is just a lot more involved with getting started.

RevoWood123

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2015
    Sean, thanks for posting the score over here. I had intended to get on sooner and do that. And yes that stage was shots limited...;)

Grelber, I encourage you to come out and shoot one, even if you're using loaner gear, you'll have a great time. That is why so many of us have so many of the dang things is because we want other people to try it. Another great thing about revolver shooters is that they are some of the friendliest and most helpful crowd I have shot with. As fasr as the clothes go :dunno:, some people have style and some dont....

sa52.jpg

The hats do serve a purpose btw.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Sean, thanks for posting the score over here. I had intended to get on sooner and do that. And yes that stage was shots limited...;)

Grelber, I encourage you to come out and shoot one, even if you're using loaner gear, you'll have a great time. That is why so many of us have so many of the dang things is because we want other people to try it. Another great thing about revolver shooters is that they are some of the friendliest and most helpful crowd I have shot with. As fasr as the clothes go :dunno:, some people have style and some dont....

sa52.jpg

The hats do serve a purpose btw.

He ain't gonna come out, he would rather complain about spending money shooting ICORE.

He's on a fixed income, that's why he puts rolls in his pocket when he eats at O'Charlies.

:):

Last edited:
    Top Bottom