• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    A friend and I are looking to go someplace in central Indiana to spend a few nights backpacking. Ideally, someplace with access to hunting and fishing as well. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Rlee

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I haven't but will try and do some research on it. I went to Hoosier National Forrest a few years back and had a great experience. But it's a drive from New Castle.

Have you been to Morgan Monroe?

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Ya, it's in Martinsville off of 37. Hunting, fishing, backwoods camping, trails and campgrounds. I enjoy it, and usually not very populated.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Also, I believe if I remember right it connects with Hoosier national at some point. I may be thinking wrong but I think they join together in a spot.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    You won't find anything like that close to New Castle or really in central Indiana. Look at DNR properties along the Ohio river south of you There is a large property not far from Lamb but not sure about camping on it.

70worm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    Pendleton
    Indiana just isn't that type of place. Indiana is very densely populated, compared to other states we have one of the most evenly spread out populations. So be very careful not to cross onto other peoples land, especially with a firearm.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Deam Wilderness. My oldest and I did several days, eating paw-paws, chestnuts, spicebush, frog legs, rose hips, sassafras tea, and getting a ferocious case of chiggers. We wanted a squirrel, but didn't see one until driving out. We didn't do any fishing, but we could have.

Top Bottom