• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I attended an auction today that included, among many, MANY, other items, upwards of 100 firearms.
    It was an estate sale, on the property, and only had a few dozen people in attendance.
    The firearms offered might have brought a MUCH better price if they had bothered to get any information on them at all.
    The auctioneer sold a "military bolt gun, probably German, and likely a .22..."
    After the sale I talked to the buyer to tell him that was NOT a German gun, and not a .22, but a 6.5 Carcano. He grinned and rolled his eyes then said, " I knew what it was when I bought it".
    The caller also tried to sell a ".42caliber revolver" that turned out to be a
    22 He misheard the helper?

As much of a fuster cluck as that was, it was not the only drawbacks.
    More than 90% of all the firearms were rusted, BADLY!
    When I stepped up to look at the tables I noticed they had more than a dozen firearms and numerous parts laying in the grass!
    Not on a blanket or tarp, nothing, just laying in the grass.
    The guns that weren't rusted to hell went for stupid prices.

An OLD Marlin model 1894, so old I couldn't find the caliber marking ( believe it was a .357/.38spl) had zero percent finish left.
    Almost looked like it had been steel wooled to bare metal and then allowed to rust.
    This horrible example went for $900!

An H&R Handi-Rifle in .22 Hornet (I really wanted this one) was new, with the hang-tag still attached, and RUSTED . It went for $425!

There were many new guns, still in the boxes, and most were the highly recognizable names like Davis, Lorcin, Jennings...
    I watched a new in the box Lorcin .380 take $360!

I was appalled, and disappointed, and confused, and disgusted, and in general disbelief.

I'm genuinely worried, if this is the state of the secondary market for firearms today.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I also met a pair of idiots today.....(not fire arm related so feel free to skip my post like everyone eles)....I pull up to the Kroger gas pumps, start to fuel my dodge....couple next to me , both in there mid 60's dressed in official Cubs shirts & hats, car covered in Cubs stickers....she asks me "how do I know what pump is gas & what pump is diesel "......I reply "the green one with the words diesel on it , is for diesel......" husband then asks, "how do know this stuff? Are you a Cubs fsn......."
    I replied "who cares about sports ball, and maybe if you worried less about sports ball, you might be able to read DIESEL on the pump......." he responded back" well at least I asked, before I put KEROSENE , like I did last week"

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I replied "who cares about sports ball, and maybe if you worried less about sports ball, you might be able to read DIESEL on the pump......."
    While he does sound like an idiot, that response sounds a little harsh to me. But I'm usually a pretty nice guy, so there's that. :dunno: I would never treat someone that rudely even if they were in the wrong.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    While he does sound like an idiot, that response sounds a little harsh to me. But I'm usually a pretty nice guy, so there's that. :dunno: I would never treat someone that rudely even if they were in the wrong.
    Not harsh at all. Just direct and to the point. Its even labeled! Its not a mystery.

Just classic bread and circuses. They are so focused on the circus that they have no concept of the real world.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I also met a pair of idiots today.....(not fire arm related so feel free to skip my post like everyone eles)....I pull up to the Kroger gas pumps, start to fuel my dodge....couple next to me , both in there mid 60's dressed in official Cubs shirts & hats, car covered in Cubs stickers....she asks me "how do I know what pump is gas & what pump is diesel "......I reply "the green one with the words diesel on it , is for diesel......" husband then asks, "how do know this stuff? Are you a Cubs fsn......."
    I replied "who cares about sports ball, and maybe if you worried less about sports ball, you might be able to read DIESEL on the pump......." he responded back" well at least I asked, before I put KEROSENE , like I did last week"
    I believe there is a psa out about them now traveling packs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Not harsh at all. Just direct and to the point. Its even labeled! Its not a mystery.

Just classic bread and circuses. They are so focused on the circus that they have no concept of the real world.
    I respectfully disagree. He could have just said, "The one with the green handle is the diesel" and let it go at that. He had to take the opportunity to denigrate them for being a Cubs fan (or indeed a "sports ball fan"). That was unnecessary. That was rude. Sounded like he gets off on belittling others. I have no use for such folk.

Maybe he should get his jollies by hanging out at a Colts game and telling all the fans tailgating what idiots they are. :thumbsup:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I respectfully disagree.
    We will just have to agree to disagree. Sometimes you have to point out the obvious truth when they are beyond stupid.

I mean, they obviously havent learned basic life skills in however many years they have been on the earth. Maybe its because nobody has grabbed them by the shoulders and shook the crap out of them to get their attention? (figuratively speaking of course)|
    Maybe if somebody does that enough times they'll learn? People being polite obviously hasnt worked thus far.

I think its just you being butthurt about a fellow cubs fan being dissed. :stickpoke: :p:lmfao:

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    There are a lot of Cubs fans in northern Indiana that are not liberal transplants. I'm not a baseball fan myself, but I don't belittle those that are. Anyhow, enough of the thread jack. I'm out.
    Ok so the Cubs fan I don’t get at all or most sports in general. I wonder if they would have received the same response were they not wearing their Cubs fan starter kits?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We will just have to agree to disagree. Sometimes you have to point out the obvious truth when they are beyond stupid.

I mean, they obviously havent learned basic life skills in however many years they have been on the earth. Maybe its because nobody has grabbed them by the shoulders and shook the crap out of them to get their attention? (figuratively speaking of course)|
    Maybe if somebody does that enough times they'll learn? People being polite obviously hasnt worked thus far.

I think its just you being butthurt about a fellow cubs fan being dissed. :stickpoke: :p:lmfao:
    I don't give two craps about the Cubs. If we're being rude, I think baseball is stupid. People actually pay money to watch guys standing around digging in their crotches and spitting? No thanks. And to sit and watch it for 4 or 5 hours and have the score end up being 2-1? Yeah... it's right up there with soccer for me.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011

I think there is a lot of truth to this. Stupidity and Ignorance are really not the same. Ignorance can be fixed.

Honestly I think just saying ah the green one could have been taken as being derogatory regardless of intention.

kind of like the guy that pulls into the diesel lane area, and is shocked that the fuel dispenses at a higher rate of speed .

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I don't give two craps about the Cubs. If we're being rude, I think baseball is stupid. People actually pay money to watch guys standing around digging in their crotches and spitting? No thanks. And to sit and watch it for 4 or 5 hours and have the score end up being 2-1? Yeah... it's right up there with soccer for me.
    Exactly my thoughts about most sports. Well except for Rodeo. Now we’re are talking skill , determination and guts to make it for 8!

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    I respectfully disagree. He could have just said, "The one with the green handle is the diesel" and let it go at that. He had to take the opportunity to denigrate them for being a Cubs fan (or indeed a "sports ball fan"). That was unnecessary. That was rude. Sounded like he gets off on belittling others. I have no use for such folk.

Maybe he should get his jollies by hanging out at a Colts game and telling all the fans tailgating what idiots they are. :thumbsup:
    Not belittling.....just pointing out that most sports ball fans focus on sports so much they , basic things baffle them.........plus most sports ball fans belittle me for not caring about about sports ball.....like my neighbor and may I quote him " ARE YOU GD STUPID? NO ONE CARES ABOUT RACING CARS OR SHOOTING GUNS....IF YOU JUST LIKED SPORTS BALL MORE, YOU WOULD BE FARTHER IN LIFE......"

Top Bottom