• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If that's the gun he was carrying he should have been arrested! LOL! Seriously, I dread flying because I always have something tucked away somewhere and I'm afraid of missing something one day.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    It's true that it shouldn't be illegal to carry a gun anywhere, but as long as it is, we all need to be always aware of what we have with us in gfz's. I'm not saying that I would never carry concealed in a gfz, but an airport is one place that you really can't conceal deep enough to stand much of a chance.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It's true that it shouldn't be illegal to carry a gun anywhere, but as long as it is, we all need to be always aware of what we have with us in gfz's. I'm not saying that I would never carry concealed in a gfz, but an airport is one place that you really can't conceal deep enough to stand much of a chance.

Yep. when I travel by air for 1-2 days I typically take my Maxpedition Jumbo as my "purse" plus a rolling carry on as allowed by the airline so I dont have any checked baggage. (you are allowed one carry on, plus one other small personal bag that fits under the seat such as a purse)

Just so I dont screw up I not only COMPLETELY empty it (including the innocuous holster insert) and THEN have the wife double check me before I start filling the bag with stuff for my trip. At the airport is not exactly the best time to discover I forgot to remove a weapon, or in the case of DC, some spent brass that fell down into a crevice. Although Im just waiting for the day they decide to swab my bag randomly. "Yes officer, it tested positive probably because I normally carry a gun in this bag and its been to the range repeatedly."

getting caught with a "oops I forgot it was in there" weapon at the airport should DEFINITELY weigh heavily against you in regards to keeping your carry permit. Not exactly a good demonstration of responsible gun handling after all. If you can lose your kid to CPS because you left the mall without them, You should be able to lose your permit because you cant keep track of your weapon.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Yep. when I travel by air for 1-2 days I typically take my Maxpedition Jumbo as my "purse" plus a rolling carry on as allowed by the airline so I dont have any checked baggage. (you are allowed one carry on, plus one other small personal bag that fits under the seat such as a purse)

Just so I dont screw up I not only COMPLETELY empty it (including the innocuous holster insert) and THEN have the wife double check me before I start filling the bag with stuff for my trip. At the airport is not exactly the best time to discover I forgot to remove a weapon, or in the case of DC, some spent brass that fell down into a crevice. Although Im just waiting for the day they decide to swab my bag randomly. "Yes officer, it tested positive probably because I normally carry a gun in this bag and its been to the range repeatedly."

getting caught with a "oops I forgot it was in there" weapon at the airport should DEFINITELY weigh heavily against you in regards to keeping your carry permit. Not exactly a good demonstration of responsible gun handling after all. If you can lose your kid to CPS because you left the mall without them, You should be able to lose your permit because you cant keep track of your weapon.

I don't have a permit, and I carry most everywhere.

I think an occurrence like this is a very GOOD reason for us to fight to overturn these stupid laws. Why pat the legislators on the back when we should be kicking them in the backside to do something good. NOTHING good comes from GFZ's.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    If that's the gun he was carrying he should have been arrested! LOL! Seriously, I dread flying because I always have something tucked away somewhere and I'm afraid of missing something one day.

:):.......Good trotline weight........:):

I dirty pos 9mm hi-point in the picture. How could he have been arrested for carrying a paperweight?

:):.......Media don' know 1 from 'nuther,LOL........dude was carry'n a .38........snubby be my guess.....

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana

:yesway:.......Yep........I don' like it neither........but it the law o' the land......

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I don't have a permit, and I carry most everywhere.

I think an occurrence like this is a very GOOD reason for us to fight to overturn these stupid laws. Why pat the legislators on the back when we should be kicking them in the backside to do something good. NOTHING good comes from GFZ's.

At's OK.........till ya get stop'd/chek'd........:):

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    According to the "Style Guide" for anti-gun 'reporters', a picture included with the article doesn't necessarily have to be the one the person had in his possession. Six rounds, seven rounds. This manufacturer, that manufacturer. Doesn't make any difference as long as the gun looks "scary".

Top Bottom