Lafayette, Indiana

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Well, an ignorant legislator in Kentucky negligently discharged her weapon in her capitol office in Frankfort, Kentucky. I just love how the moron and the media are calling it a accidental discharge, of course we all know there is no accidental discharges, only negligent discharges. Of course since she is a legislator nothing will happen. Why oh why do we have such idiot gun owners...

Oh and for the record, I work for the Commonwealth of Kentucky and carry every day at work and have never had a negligent discharge, hell I dont even get out my weapon and coon finger the thing. That's not to say we dont have show-in-tell on a regular basis due to the number of people in my office that carry.

Ky. representative's gun accidentally discharges in Capitol building | WHAS11.com Louisville

Gunner

I really hate the media! 'gun accidentally discharges'. That's total BS that puts holds the gun responsible. How about 'Ky representative accidentally discharges her gun in Capitol building'. The person failed, not the gun. The media wastes no opportunity to portray guns as something that is dangerous. People are dangerous in their actions. The poor gun was just doing what it was designed to do and went off when the trigger was pulled.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    "I was purposefully disarming it to put it up because I didn't like it and didn't want to use it anymore,"
    And there is the part where she is an idiot.
    I am having a real hard time making sense of that quote when you read other parts of the article that say she has carried for a long time.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    And there is the part where she is an idiot.
    I am having a real hard time making sense of that quote when you read other parts of the article that say she has carried for a long time.

Not necessarily. It reads to me she didn't like that particular firearm, not firearms in general. Later on she says something about it being a semi-auto and she likes revolvers.

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    “On Tuesday, I accidentally discharged a firearm in my legislative office in the Capitol Annex."

At least she kind of takes
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]responsibility for it.[/FONT]

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Does she have a history of pro or anti gun legislation?

Lots of the antis have CCW permits. Wouldnt surprise me if they did this kind of thing so they can say "SEE! We told you guns were dangerous! If someone as professional and copmetant as a state legislator cant hand it, then neither can YOU!"

Top Bottom