• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Walking home from Walgreens and I felt a thwack on my arm. I look over, thinking something had skipped off the road and I see paint. Unfortunately it was too late to see what car it came from. grrr!

I still called in it so they would have a heads up that they may get more calls from the area. Hopefully the police get lucky and get the asshat(s).

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    thats when you pop on the NVG's for some punk hunting:rockwoot: catch them and humiliate them with a nuclear wedgie, it's the american way.:patriot:

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Been there...

I'm at the park with my two boys (under the age of 4) and while we're on the playset I notice paintballs hitting the slide. Not hearing any "shots" I get my wife and kids to the car and start hunting (pissed none-the-less). I too called the police and they were there quick. The officer told us to leave and he would contact us later. He called us and informed he found two 12yr old with sling shots. He returned them to their sleeping mom and verbally warned them. It's probably a good thing I didn't find them. I would have at least kept the slingshots. :D

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Foolish, dangerous prank. Let's say you're walking down the side of the road...just past sunset so your vision is somewhat limited. But you notice a car coming towards you with the barrel of a gun hanging out the window...pointed right at you...what do you do? And at the time...you are carrying a firearm.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Foolish, dangerous prank. Let's say you're walking down the side of the road...just past sunset so your vision is somewhat limited. But you notice a car coming towards you with the barrel of a gun hanging out the window...pointed right at you...what do you do? And at the time...you are carrying a firearm.

This is one of my nightmares. Ends with some kid in a bad way and a paper article about "Wayward prank causes shooting" except it is worded worse.

Stupid kills.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    It happened

Actually happened in Indy some 15-20 years ago. Kid pulled an airsoft gun on a officer on the southside and, unfortunately, got shot (killed, IIRC) for his folly. It was before the airsoft guns had the red tips on the barrel. I've got one that is a dead ringer for a Beretta. Even with a red tip, it would be very hard to tell it from real at night. Never take a toy gun to a gun fight!

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    That is an unfavorable situation. With all of the talk of airsoft and paintball markers. Given the situation, if the "threat" had any sort of muzzle trained on my person or my family, I'd say it's "go time". Who knows what it is thats pointed at you. I can tie a pink ribbon to the end of my AR. :dunno:. does that mean if I point it at someone they shouldn't feel threatened?:twocents:

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    the pink/red tips on "toy" guns are hardly visible especially if your emotional. and i thought bb guns and airsofts didnt have a colored tip b/c after all, they do shoot a real projectile. i thought the colored tips were reserved for electric guns that just made noise or cap guns and stuff like that.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    This is one of my nightmares. Ends with some kid in a bad way and a paper article about "Wayward prank causes shooting" except it is worded worse.

Stupid kills.

No kidding. Some drunken idiot was 6 feet away from my bed room window at 1:30am yelling and holding a shiny object in his hand down at his side. It was a freakin squashed empty beer can that he was throwing on the roof. :rolleyes:

I think the fact that he was wearing a medieval jester outfit saved his tail... :D

And...I'm still up. The neighbor's party is finally done.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Foolish, dangerous prank.
    Absolutely.

I have to wonder... if kids (in this case teens) were more exposed to guns and knew how many people carried them if they'd make smarter choices?

I'd say no. Case in point, a friends step-son who, while a good kid, ran with the wrong crowd and fell into peer pressure. Anyway he always saw my wife and I carrying guns. Knew we both carried from when we lived in FLA.

He moved back with his dad in FLA and got talked into trying to rob someone with a pelet gun. He spent a couple years in jail (FLA has a 10-20-life rule on guns -real or fake- used in crimes). I haven't seen or spoken to him since... but I'd love to ask him WTH he was thinking.

I'd spoken to him before about making wise choices. He'd ask me about why I carry a gun. I told him. I also told him I wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone who threatened me and I told him how many people also carried concealed guns be they legally or illegally.

It still blows my mind to think a kid who was so smart (he had a 3.5 GPA) could be so stupid. I'm surprised he wasn't shot and killed during that stunt. Now his life is ruined, he's a "violent felon".

Top Bottom