• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Again, it's all about supply and demand. If someone spends $650 for a Glock 19, then a year later decides they want to sell it because they decided they like the CZ more, the price is whatever it will take to make them part with a the earlier gun. I'm guessing that with few exceptions, everyone of us would sell any one of our guns if offered the right price.

Let's say you are at the range with that brand new Glock 19 and you are just loving every trigger pull. You paid $650 for it. The guy next to you notices how much you like that gun and offers to buy it from you. The value of that gun is whatever you will take for it and he is willing to give you. If he really wants to buy the gun and you really don't want to sell it, then the value at that moment might be $1200 if that is what the guy is willing to offer in order to get it.

There is nothing wrong with a seller asking for whatever price they want, if that price is what it will take to get them to give the gun up. That is capitalism. There is nothing wrong with a buyer not buying a gun if they don't think it's worth the price. There is also nothing wrong with a buyer offering more than it's worth to get the seller to sell.

It only becomes a problem when things we must buy are manipulated by groups to fix a price. The idea that someone is doing something wrong by pricing their gun higher than a buyer wants to spend is simply wrong. A seller can price their gun for whatever they feel it will take to make them part with it. If someone buys it, then they priced it right.

Remember, the price being asked is simply what it will take to make the seller part with what he/she owns. Also remember that there are folks out there that don't have a problem spending $300 for dinner, so the idea of a $700 Glock seems Ok. If your fishing for big fish, you use a bigger hook.

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    IMO, there is some value to buying used from a private individual because there is no paper trail. They cant come after something that I never had.
    ATF or local police can trace firearms through FFL'S in about 24 hours or less.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Again, it's all about supply and demand. If someone spends $650 for a Glock 19, then a year later decides they want to sell it because they decided they like the CZ more, the price is whatever it will take to make them part with a the earlier gun. I'm guessing that with few exceptions, everyone of us would sell any one of our guns if offered the right price.

Let's say you are at the range with that brand new Glock 19 and you are just loving every trigger pull. You paid $650 for it. The guy next to you notices how much you like that gun and offers to buy it from you. The value of that gun is whatever you will take for it and he is willing to give you. If he really wants to buy the gun and you really don't want to sell it, then the value at that moment might be $1200 if that is what the guy is willing to offer in order to get it.

There is nothing wrong with a seller asking for whatever price they want, if that price is what it will take to get them to give the gun up. That is capitalism. There is nothing wrong with a buyer not buying a gun if they don't think it's worth the price. There is also nothing wrong with a buyer offering more than it's worth to get the seller to sell.

It only becomes a problem when things we must buy are manipulated by groups to fix a price. The idea that someone is doing something wrong by pricing their gun higher than a buyer wants to spend is simply wrong. A seller can price their gun for whatever they feel it will take to make them part with it. If someone buys it, then they priced it right.

Remember, the price being asked is simply what it will take to make the seller part with what he/she owns. Also remember that there are folks out there that don't have a problem spending $300 for dinner, so the idea of a $700 Glock seems Ok. If your fishing for big fish, you use a bigger hook.

Oh I completely get all of this, and I couldn't care less what people ask for their items. But that's not gonna stop me from laughing at them! I get a lot of enjoyment out of looking through the classifieds, both from the "prices it will take to make the seller part with what he/she owns", and from the people willing to pay enough to make the seller part with it. For the record, I also mock the folks who will pay $300 for dinner too...

csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    I'm glad a few of you guys are getting good prices but most people I have messaged aren't too willing to negotiate unfortunately. Hopefully people will calm down and we all can start buying, selling, and trading at reasonable prices again ASAP!

Ya I haven't bought any ar's on here I normally build but I like purchasing my handguns on here. I guess I will just have to wait until summer time to make a few purchases

Why don't you trade one of your home built ar's for a handgun and $50 cash? When you can find parts you can build a new a new one for $500-$600. Or now that the supply is down and the demand is up do you feel like your rifle is worth twice what it would take to build another?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    saw a glock 17 go for 550 plus tax in two hours today....gen 3... i think a lot of people have their head in their posterior end

Was it new?

If it was and someone needed that firearm, I don't see that being a problem. :dunno:

I paid $499 for my glock 23 RTF2 a couple years back. When I got my glock 37 WAY back, I believe it was around $520. When I got the glock 20C, I'm pretty sure with tax it cleared $600.

So that doesn't sound unreasonable to me.

Still think the best deal I've ever got on a firearm was back in 2004 when I got my saiga 12 brand new for $199. Then again when I got the vepr 7.62x54r 20.5" at bradis, I snagged it for $770 with tax just days before the the frenzy, that seemed like an amazing deal for me since they were clearing $1200 online at the time.

Moral of the story at the end of the day. Only buy something if you think it's a fair price.

The only time I got screwed royally, but was fully aware and making too much money at the time to care, was the weeks following obama's first election. I picked up an RRA tactical model, $975 list price on the RRA website with the same options, but paid $1600 before tax. The gun has performed to the price I paid for it, and has given me equal or greater enjoyment than the price I paid for it. So was it worth it? To me, yes.
    Funny how back then money was a non factor, and now it's life or death.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Whittakers in West Louisville (just west of Owensboro) is selling g17, 19, 26, 27, 22 gen 3s for $484.99. Gen 4s are $522. You can call and buy over the phone. You have to give them your card number and they'll ship to your FFL. I don't know what the shipping is but their prices beat everybody.

xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    Why don't you trade one of your home built ar's for a handgun and $50 cash? When you can find parts you can build a new a new one for $500-$600. Or now that the supply is down and the demand is up do you feel like your rifle is worth twice what it would take to build another?

I don't build 600 dollar ar's. Normally by the time I have everything the way I want it with the accessories(not including optics) I spend around 1,200. I am fairly picky when it comes to my builds.

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I've been thinking of putting a handgun in the classifieds at a ridiculous price just as a joke. Kind of a Sat night***,er, I mean INGO Night Live satire. Haven't used it much since new and don't really want to get rid of it. Thing is, I can do it for a joke but some sucker will probably take it off my hands for twice what I paid for it. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom