if a new law required firearm registration...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    ...how would they know if your are complying or not? is there already a record of past firearm purchases? if yes, then whats the difference if we register. if not, would it not be possible to just claim you dont own any guns and then not register. future purchases would be different obviously

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Ask the neighbors to the North, I think thye tried this... for a little while. It's currently up for legislative repeal.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Canada, and it went quite poorly for all involved. Most provinces refused to follow, search, or prosecute under the rules put forth.

Canadian Law News.

I have a family member that owns a large guide service, and it's made for very interesting conversation over the past few years.

Astrocreep

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indy
    And the ATF wouldn't arrange for searches of your property? And your friend's property? Or put you under surveillance until they find where you hid them?
    Hiding guns isn't a useful strategy.

A law requiring registration would be a very bad idea. Luckily, the current crop of congressional ding-dongs understand how much of a risk they would be taking with their careers if they stand behind something like that.

The last major piece of anti-gun legislation ruined many careers in '94 and caused the Democrats to lose (directly or indirectly) control of congress to the Republicans for 12 YEARS.
    I don't think we need to worry. They still remember.

Top Bottom