If a silencer has always been too expensive.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Well i think you could use it for multiple calibers, so if it works for .223, or 7.62 there is a lot larger savings. That being said, no thanks, i will stick with the real thing.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    This is a horrible idea.

Support the industry and buy a darn suppressor.

First, the guy is a class 3 manufacturer in order to make/sell these, so by buying one you ARE supporting the industry. Just not the part of the industry that YOU think needs supported.

Second, i am still curious about my question.

If i cannot get a suppressor that i can change the baffle stacks out on so i can shoot differant calibers because the second baffle stack IS a suppressor, then how is this legal when you change oil filters?

Would the second oil filter not be considered a suppressor also?

Kenny87ky

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2011
    Louisville, KY
    If i cannot get a suppressor that i can change the baffle stacks out on so i can shoot differant calibers because the second baffle stack IS a suppressor, then how is this legal when you change oil filters?

I am thinking the oil filter falls into the category "not exclusively designed for" category. Its like the ATF opinion that says you can use some machine gun parts in a gun if the parts are not solely and exclusively designed for full auto( like m16 bolts), baffles made for a silencer have only one practical use, oil filters are different in that the have non suppressor usage.

jrainw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Morgan county
    This is just a train wreck getting ready to happen, I imagine the ATF is just waiting for some of these to be sold and then change their minds about approving of them. Maybe instead of sending in the spring from your Akins accelerator you just won't be able to own a car that takes an oil filter with the same threads as the adaptor.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    couldn't you buy the registered thing, and build something in leu of an oil filter on the front of it?

i.e. build a suppressor around that registered thing, since the rest is "replaceable parts?"

EDIT: Just read Kenny's post about exclusively designed parts. Herrrrrrm.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    i think it is very interesting but it is missing the cool factor..or maybe not..nothing makes your gun more cool than a stp oil filter....:facepalm:
    I would do it but it seems like that the suppressor is the oil filter...doesnt make sense to me so I will pass

Top Bottom