• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    By this I mean, if the Indiana hunting laws were all repealed tomorrow, and you could hunt your choice of animal, with your choice of weapon, what would it be?

Purely hypothetical. I just want an idea of what Ingo thinks would be the best of all worlds.

Would you hunt ground squirrel with a bazooka, or bobcat with a sling-shot?
    What would be your dream combination?

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I'd saddle up on the riding mower with the old trusty .22 and get busy cruising the nearest pasture for a suitable beef cow. The point is, who doesn't love some tasty prime rib or a burger?

Not sure if the wheel horse and a log chain is getting that cow back home though.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I think I would be happy with a nice 30-30 or 45-70 for deer. I would also like to be able to use my .22WMR for turkey. One bullet through the head is just as good as a dozen.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    I'd kill every heron that lit in my pond. Then I'd go fly around looking for any that were headed my way and preemptively shoot them out of the sky.

Spudgunr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    NWI - Porter County
    I'd hunt deer with my 6.5 grendel AR (it worked GREAT on the ONE deer I have had a chance to shoot with it (in another state)).

Based on what my dad has said, I'd like the ability to use rifles on turkey. Based on what I've seen you always see turkey when deer hunting, so no rules = turkey with a rifle. Obviously you have to be comfortable shooting sub 1" groups so you can hit it in the neck for that to be a very viable option...

In MO there were several deer taken with 22 hornet, none got away. I didn't have QUITE as much faith in it as my grandpa, so I shot one in the eye.

Top Bottom