If President Barrack Obama knocked on your door ...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If President Barrack Obama knocked on my door ...

• Total voters
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Sure he could come in, provided he had no problem with my family being armed in our own home, and if he kept a civil tongue in his head. Basically, he'd be afforded the respect of his office and expected to act as such in return: failure to do so means he gets to leave.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    All this talk of inviting him in or not is silly.

You know, he doesnt need to be "invited" to come into your home anymore. Deosnt even need a warrant.

Any right which can be taken away was never a right to begin with.
    4th amendment is long gone.

Best we stop pretending that we have a constitution.

Tinner666

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Richmond, Va.
    I didn't vote.

Weird question. The SS would vet every house he tried to visit. law-abiding gunowners are just that. Law-abiding. I believe if I swiped a piece of candy from a store, I'd lose my license as a criminal. I also spent time and effort to get my CCW, so it isn't going to happen.
    It would go like this; Obama-"How about this house?"
    SS-"No sir, this one and the next three on this street only have law-abiding citizens in them. They aren't welfare recipients either. There are some welfare recipients in the next block that may not be so honest. We'll make one of those houses a stop for your publicity shot."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Could HE and his guards have guns in your home?

Of course! Heck, I'd demand the right to have a picture of Obama, in my house, carrying a loaded firearm (safely, of course). Send it to the Brady Bunch and tell them to suck it :):

The man has every right to protect himself, just as any other guest in my home does. So long as he or his people weren't muzzle sweeping or else being dingbats, I would welcome it.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    All this talk of inviting him in or not is silly.

You know, he doesnt need to be "invited" to come into your home anymore. Deosnt even need a warrant.

Any right which can be taken away was never a right to begin with.
    4th amendment is long gone.

Best we stop pretending that we have a constitution.

Maybe this belief exist in your household, but not in mine!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just remember the order of the presidential line of succession.

It certainly could get worse.

Are you sure? Biden may well be dumber, but I doubt that he could get a fence post to stand still, let alone get congress to do much of anything.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Are you sure? Biden may well be dumber, but I doubt that he could get a fence post to stand still, let alone get congress to do much of anything.

If he ever gets to be president, he'd be the guy that would somehow manage to give away Texas to Mexico.

Obama-Biden-Dumb-and-Dumber.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If he ever gets to be president, he'd be the guy that would somehow manage to give away Texas to Mexico.

If he did that, the Mexico problem would be solved before the next election and the entire place would be a stable free republic with the exception of cowboy hats being required attire.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Maybe this belief exist in your household, but not in mine!

I didnt say whether you or I would/should comply, I just said we no longer have the federally recognized protection of the constitution and the 4th amendment. This is not simply a belief. The final firewall between the individuals sovereignty and federal tyranny is gone.

If the feds want to come into your house they have other options besides just a polite knock at the door or obtaining a warrant.

Heck, they may decide to come in your house and clear the rooms like these guys...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VFciCh8d6g

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Some have talked about respecting the fonction but not the person.Im not sure how it's possible to respect one without respecting the other (Letting Mr.Obama out and letting the POTUS come in at the same time :dunno: :scratch:)
    Same way we support our troops even if we don't agree with the mission.

I would kindly explain why he is never welcome on my property and close the door.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Same way we support our troops even if we don't agree with the mission.

I would kindly explain why he is never welcome on my property and close the door.

The huge difference between the two is that the troops do not get to choose the mission--the president does.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    ...I just said we no longer have the federally recognized protection of the constitution and the 4th amendment. This is not simply a belief. The final firewall between the individuals sovereignty and federal tyranny is gone...

And I'm saying that I will support and defend the constitution regardless of whether it is "federally recognized" or not. The final firewall between individual sovereignty and federal tyranny is We the People.

Anyone (I'm not necessarily saying you) that doesn't believe that needs to quit buying up the ammo; it's making it expensive for those with the guts to use it.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Exactly. I wouldn't waste my time. I have already listened to him enough to know that the majority of words coming out of his mouth are fabrications of some sort. Besides, when people aren't writing his speeches for him, he just uses his charisma to manipulate people into thinking he's saying something great whereas he's just spouting off nonsense.

I will be quite honest. The only times I ever listened to the man speak as our "president" were during the three recent presidential debates. I had no interest before. I listened very carefully to what he was trying to convey as his ideals and beliefs, and sadly he was just saying a bunch of words. Most of what he says doesn't make sense; it seems that he just picks difficult to understand words from his expansive vocabulary and combines them together to mean nothing. People are mesmerized because it sounds intelligent, when all he's saying is nothing.

The only respect I have for this man is his skill to manipulate the general public. The man is along the lines as evil as Hitler or Stalin and half the people of this country are in awe of him. I only HOPE that something CHANGES before the fools who voted for him realize how truly horrible he is.

What makes you think he wouldn't just be practicing/spewing the same lies he already feeds us?

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    I respect the office of the POTUS and invite him in. I would do that regardless of who it was. I was raised better than to do otherwise.
    I respect the office of the POTUS. That don't mean squat at my doorstep though. He stays out! He stays out, if for no other reason, my dog does not like strangers. I am not going to have my dog snarling at the POTUS.

Top Bottom