If the FDA approves the vaccine,will you get jabbed?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    I truly don't understand why the vax is pushed so hard. If you contracted the virus you will produce natural antibodies and have protection. We have simple blood tests that can detect the antibodies. We have no idea how many people actually had the virus but didn't know it. If I were in the category of immunocompromised or in frail health, I'd consider it. Since I'm not, I don't really care. I just wish I could get the two week paid vacation for getting.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Really makes you wonder why they pushed the Measles vaccine so hard. I had to get it just to go to public school. Less than 25% of people have to seek medical care and fatality rates are roughly 0.15%.

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    The measles vaccine is effective.
    And tested and proven. And like a real vaccine, if you get it, you don’t get measles.

Unlike some “vaccines” that allow you to still get the illness for which it’s supposed to prevent but somehow also reduces possible hospital stays. Well, except for the blood clots, Bell’s Palsy, myocarditis and infertility...

You know, now that I think about it - where are all the measles variants?

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    What really irritates me is that my son’s college sprang a vaccine requirement on him even though he has documented proof of having had Covid. So, he got to feel like crap for a couple more days after getting the shot for…nothing? I’m pretty sure he didn’t get any more protection than he already had.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    I truly don't understand why the vax is pushed so hard.
    Because they paid for it and now they need to do something with it. Pfizer's contract with businesses and governments purchasing the vaccine stipulate "no refunds on unused doses".

Plus it's an easy narrative to sell to people. It's a black and white situation whereas natural immunity is a "whole bunch of gray." And that's hard.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    What really irritates me is that my son’s college sprang a vaccine requirement on him even though he has documented proof of having had Covid. So, he got to feel like crap for a couple more days after getting the shot for…nothing? I’m pretty sure he didn’t get any more protection than he already had.
    In fact me might have less now. And the side effects from getting the vaccine after having Covid can be miserable. My neighbor and his family had Covid and then got the shots and THEN missed another 3-4 days while they all recovered.

TommyD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Went for my annual physical, part of which was my second pneumonia shot. I don't care if it is flu, shingles, hepatitis with all of the letters, whatever, I say hit me. 67 years old, got the Covid shot as soon as I could. My wife was petrified to leave the house until she did also. Pays way more attention to the news than I do, or believe. I am guessing that most of the contributors on this website are in their 50s or 60s or even older. Concerned about some repercussions, 5,10 15 years down the road, who cares? More than likely something else will kill you before this shot will. Voted for Trump, who would be our president if he could have shown a little more compassion, thought before he spoke and stayed the f*ck off of Twitter, a useless social media instrument. Don't trust any politicians or believe anything I read or watch. When 90% or more of recent hospitalizations are for the non vaccinated, I am guessing 100% would like to go back and get it to prevent where they are at now. Couldn't care less what any of you do, but I am guessing that I am not the only person on this website that has had the shot but not interested in the heat by speaking up.

BAgun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2021
    Bluffton
    Went for my annual physical, part of which was my second pneumonia shot. I don't care if it is flu, shingles, hepatitis with all of the letters, whatever, I say hit me. 67 years old, got the Covid shot as soon as I could. My wife was petrified to leave the house until she did also. Pays way more attention to the news than I do, or believe. I am guessing that most of the contributors on this website are in their 50s or 60s or even older. Concerned about some repercussions, 5,10 15 years down the road, who cares? More than likely something else will kill you before this shot will. Voted for Trump, who would be our president if he could have shown a little more compassion, thought before he spoke and stayed the f*ck off of Twitter, a useless social media instrument. Don't trust any politicians or believe anything I read or watch. When 90% or more of recent hospitalizations are for the non vaccinated, I am guessing 100% would like to go back and get it to prevent where they are at now. Couldn't care less what any of you do, but I am guessing that I am not the only person on this website that has had the shot but not interested in the heat by speaking up.
    Haven't had the shot, got Covid and didn't even know it but I have no underlying conditions.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There is no legitimate reason, that is the problem. They know the vaccine isn’t going to make the virus disappear yet they continue to ramp up the pressure to comply.
    As I mentioned elsewhere, cynicism and realism are converging rapidly for me

Perhaps a reliance on predominantly natural immunity for those without other health issues would not allow them to drag out the 'disease' into its current multi-year pattern. Even very serious pandemics like the 1918 influenza only lasted a bit more than a year and had only two peaks without any vaccine intervention. Without the vaccine, while we might have had more death, this might be over

I wish I could say that belief that a large number of 'Americans' could be found to help manipulate this crisis was hyperbole, sadly I cannot

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Really makes you wonder why they pushed the Measles vaccine so hard. I had to get it just to go to public school. Less than 25% of people have to seek medical care and fatality rates are roughly 0.15%.
    You do realize that one side effect of a measles infection is that it wipes much of the memory function of your immune system for other diseases you have already encountered, yes? Health effects downstream of a measles infection that wasn't 'serious' would still be of concern in the years following

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    And tested and proven. And like a real vaccine, if you get it, you don’t get measles.

Unlike some “vaccines” that allow you to still get the illness for which it’s supposed to prevent but somehow also reduces possible hospital stays. Well, except for the blood clots, Bell’s Palsy, myocarditis and infertility...

Nope. Breakthroughs just like any vaccine.

But it's not part of the culture wars so nobody cared, except for some anti-vaxxers which INGO used to laugh at. I get some of the hesitancy, but there was never this much controversy around vaccinations or so many people who were suddenly experts vying for your eyeballs (and resulting $) in the media. Once the culture war aspect is over, it'll be just like the MMR vaccine. Remember the Anthrax shot controversy? Exactly.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Non sequitur. If you truthfully don't trust politicians or believe anything you read or watch, one is forced to wonder from what orifice you have drawn the erroneous numbers you bandy about

You'll fit in well with a
    certain subset of INGO, one which has seen its ranks and hubris much depleted lately. I look forward to reading your future 'contributions'

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    63   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest

I had bell's palsy in 2000 it sucks

maxipum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Bloomington
    What heat? Get it if you want I could not care less what choices others make. Just let me make mine.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Nope. Breakthroughs just like any vaccine.

But it's not part of the culture wars so nobody cared, except for some anti-vaxxers which INGO used to laugh at. I get some of the hesitancy, but there was never this much controversy around vaccinations or so many people who were suddenly experts vying for your eyeballs (and resulting $) in the media. Once the culture war aspect is over, it'll be just like the MMR vaccine. Remember the Anthrax shot controversy? Exactly.

Normal initial vaccine development takes on average 12 years (from what I've read in several places.) You know, so the scientists and regulators can determine that it is actually safe and effective, with risks largely discovered and documented.

COVID-19 vaccine development, using new delivery method (mRNA) is pushed out in less than a year.

Add a quite concerted effort to silence any contrary information to the it's "SAFE AND EFFECTIVE" narrative.

Add to that all the censorship of virus origin, alternative treatment methods, and what not.

Add the COERCION going on to get us all vaccinated with a still experimental vaccine and the little fascists who were and still are keeping things closed.

And you wonder why there's controversy around this vaccination.

How can anyone be fully informed of something and give voluntary consent when there is so much we don't know about this vaccine?

It basically comes down to TPTB saying, there's a pandemic and you have to trust us that the benefits outweigh the risks.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

"More than likely something else will kill you before this shot will"
    News Flash
    That also applies to Covid.
    So, why should I care about the vaccine?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Pffft. You genuinely believe Trump lost the election?? A fair election?? Because he didn't show more compassion?? I completely respect your right to do with your body what you want. You do you. No. Forced. Vax.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Normal initial vaccine development takes on average 12 years (from what I've read in several places.) You know, so the scientists and regulators can determine that it is actually safe and effective, with risks largely discovered and documented.

COVID-19 vaccine development, using new delivery method (mRNA) is pushed out in less than a year.

Add a quite concerted effort to silence any contrary information to the it's "SAFE AND EFFECTIVE" narrative.

Add to that all the censorship of virus origin, alternative treatment methods, and what not.

Add the COERCION going on to get us all vaccinated with a still experimental vaccine and the little fascists who were and still are keeping things closed.

And you wonder why there's controversy around this vaccination.

How can anyone be fully informed of something and give voluntary consent when there is so much we don't know about this vaccine?

It basically comes down to TPTB saying, there's a pandemic and you have to trust us that the benefits outweigh the risks.

No, I don't wonder at all why it's controversial. Like I said, I get why some are hesitant. Some of the arguments hold more water than others, some are just rehashes of the "old school" anti-vaxx argument and some are of more concern in light of the current situation.

The "it only kills a few people" argument is old school and is certainly not new. Elvis was vaccinated against polio on television for a reason. Vaccines aren't just about protecting you as an individual, they are also about protecting society as a whole. There's a solid question as to if the delta variant makes them a less compelling argument as the vaccinated can still carry it. The it "it isn't 100%" is an old school argument and no vaccine is in all circumstances, but that's letting perfect be the enemy of effective.

The "it went too fast" argument is pretty much specific to this, but that's not something that concerns me. When you put nearly unlimited money and divert all available manpower to something and have good logistic support things can happen pretty quickly. The information is freely available as to how the timeline was compressed, and I found it compelling. mRNA isn't new, either. That's a lie, plain and simple. Feel free to search places like Nature or academic journals and you'll find articles and peer-reviewed studies on this long before COVID was a thing.

Your point about being fully informed and consent is very true, but certainly not limited to this vaccine or vaccines in general. Neither of us is an expert. Neither of us is even a very informed lay person. My last biology class was in high school. I have (well, had) a friend who's a double doctor as an MD and PHD who does cancer research. I don't even have the base to evaluate anything there, so if she said "this is the best treatment for you" and I had cancer, I'd likely believe her but is that informed? We can only look at the data we can understand and then make a decision. For me, I'm satisfied the vaccine is worthwhile but mask mandates are pretty useless.

As far as the last, that's the cultural war aspect. It's become some symbol of if you trust "them" or not for so many people that it's no longer just a choice on medical care, it's a political and cultural statement as well.

I'm reasonably sure I've never cajoled anyone to get the vaccine or to not to. As far as coercion, yup, same goes with other vaccines. I needed them for school in the 80s and the military in the 90s and it's always been a mandate to travel to certain places at certain times. Equally, there's often been incentives offered in conjunction with public health. Stop smoking incentives, hell we had a game show/reality show about losing weight. The only reason it's viewed as problematic in this case is, again, because of the baggage of culture.

Top Bottom