• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Would the U.S. be better off without a centralized goverment?

• Yes

Votes: 23 39.7%
    • No

Votes: 24 41.4%
    • Bacon

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    New threads on INGO:

1) Kentuckians swimming the river and taking our jobs

My grandmother used to speak of the war between Indiana and Kentucky. She said it was an uneven fight. Seems the Kentucky soldiers were throwing dynamite across the Ohio river and the Indiana soldiers were lighting it and throwing it back.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Voted No and here's why: The States already have the rights they need to do what needs done. The Federal Gov't has completely over stepped their boundaries. To say it plainly, they do not have the legal authority to butt their noses into states issues. They are supposed to stay focused on protecting our borders (which they are not) and representing the states in international matters (which they aren't doing well).

What states should do is re-read the state constitutions AND the federal constitution and realize that state government has SERIOUSLY dropped the ball on their responsibilities. They don't have to file any type of legal action, they just need to freaking take their balls out of the federal purse and freaking lead their state.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Voted No and here's why: The States already have the rights they need to do what needs done. The Federal Gov't has completely over stepped their boundaries. To say it plainly, they do not have the legal authority to butt their noses into states issues. They are supposed to stay focused on protecting our borders (which they are not) and representing the states in international matters (which they aren't doing well).

What states should do is re-read the state constitutions AND the federal constitution and realize that state government has SERIOUSLY dropped the ball on their responsibilities. They don't have to file any type of legal action, they just need to freaking take their balls out of the federal purse and freaking lead their state.
    OkieGirl, you are on point.

The Federal government has attained power, especially post WW II, via extortion not on the basis of Constitutional authority.

I have written to the Governor, State Attorney General, and my Rep asking they learn and invoke the ninth and tenth amendments; and reject any Federal money which has conditions tied to it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Well said as always.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    New threads on INGO:

1) Kentuckians swimming the river and taking our jobs

My grandmother used to speak of the war between Indiana and Kentucky. She said it was an uneven fight. Seems the Kentucky soldiers were throwing dynamite across the Ohio river and the Indiana soldiers were lighting it and throwing it back.
    Well, they had to resort to throwing dynamite across the river. They sure as heck weren't going to cross the river to fight, after seeing the sign on the bridge that said that Clarence was 9'10". Ain't messing with no Hoosier that big.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Well, they had to resort to throwing dynamite across the river. They sure as heck weren't going to cross the river to fight, after seeing the sign on the bridge that said that Clarence was 9'10". Ain't messing with no Hoosier that big.
    No worries. Clarence got caught smuggling Mandarin Oranges past the produce mob in Chitcago.

He's _in_ the river now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    This is only intended as a little humor. I do not intend to disparage any Kentuckyins.

I heard that Indiana built a bridge across the Ohio river so that they could swim across in the shade.

Kentucky demanded the bridge. Hoosiers offered to save money via beam bridges. They said when a Kentuckian wanted to cross, a Hoosier would shine a flashlight over the river and the Kentuckians could walk across on the beam. Kentuckians said they weren't that stupid. They knew they'd get half way across and the Hoosier would turn the light off.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    OkieGirl, you are on point.

The Federal government has attained power, especially post WW II, via extortion not on the basis of Constitutional authority.

I have written to the Governor, State Attorney General, and my Rep asking they learn and invoke the ninth and tenth amendments; and reject any Federal money which has conditions tied to it.
    Unfortunately this never works because politicians are no different than a large group of whores. They'll do just about anything for the all mighty dollar.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I vote yet but I believe the core of the problem is a simple one, and more easily resolved than most would believe.

The problem is democracy. Full franchise democracy.

The constitution was written for a far smaller segment of the population to exercise voting rights. It fails to work as intended when everyone can vote for their own personal benefit at the cost of their neighbor.

But this is a taboo topic, so I don't think humanity is mature enough to handle it anymore. We'd be best off devolving our form of government until the population is mature enough again to handle big boy issues with some maturity rather than inject social politics into it.

If you want evidence of this, all you need to do is look at 2020.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    I vote yet but I believe the core of the problem is a simple one, and more easily resolved than most would believe.

The constitution was written for a far smaller segment of the population to exercise voting rights. It fails to work as intended when everyone can vote for their own personal benefit at the cost of their neighbor.

But this is a taboo topic, so I don't think humanity is mature enough to handle it anymore. We'd be best off devolving our form of government until the population is mature enough again to handle big boy issues with some maturity rather than inject social politics into it.

Man, can you imagine the howling and gnashing of teeth at this proposal?
    I was first exposed to the idea that only property owners should be able to vote 20 years after I graduated high school. I did take history, but the history teacher is the winningest football coach in the universe or some crap like that, so it was football films.
    That was an amazing and offensive idea at first, but I've definitely grown to see how much better it could work.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I never thought I would see you propose Democracy over a Republic.
    No knock just surprised.

Last edited:

jake blue

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2013
    Lebanon
    I don't know how I feel about land owner voting right concept but I'd support military service voting right and perhaps certain civil service voting right as well. Having some skin in the game defending freedom is a pretty good primer for making smarter decisions in the voting booth. Handing someone a birthright vote does nothing to ensure they value the weight of that responsibility and now we're even trying to give away voting rights to foreigners - how retarded is that?!

Top Bottom