If the republican primary were today, who would you vote for?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • If the republican primary were today, who gets your vote?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    While I definitely understand the concern, there was a time when Reagan was liberal enough to be a Swede.
    But Reagan wasn't a libtard the year before he ran for PUTUS. Remember Reagan was a Goldwater supporter. He was a conservative for 25 years before becoming President.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    But Reagan wasn't a libtard the year before he ran for PUTUS. Remember Reagan was a Goldwater supporter. He was a conservative for 25 years before becoming President.

Trump isn't so established in he new conservatism, but I have also considered that with his personal nature, he might do reasonably well compared with the standard. If he were to conduct himself as president similarly with what he is saying right now, that would make him at minimum better than Bush Sr., Dole, Romney, or McStupid, all of which would have (or did) stop on the way to their inauguration to buy a white flag. In other words, with most of the amorphous middle of the GOP, you have to guess where they are going to settle out when they take office which is generally significantly to the left of where they campaigned. I am guessing that Trump will have much less movement in the event that he manages to get elected.

That said, I will take Paul any day of the week. Likewise with Cruz in spite of some concerns about his birthplace, but since we have already determined that rules don't matter after two elections with the Kenyan, why worry about that now?

cromus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    There are so many candidates still at this point. A lot of votes are spread out so I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out as the number dwindles.

The hype behind Trump is interesting. He's very polarizing on most issues and I think that draws a lot of people's vote. People like when somone stands their ground. I think he's too bullheaded and likely to cause more issues than resolution.

With so much media focusing on Trump now, it's harder to gain insight into the other candidates. Luckily, we have the internet to do our own researching.

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Trump isn't so established in he new conservatism, but I have also considered that with his personal nature, he might do reasonably well compared with the standard. If he were to conduct himself as president similarly with what he is saying right now, that would make him at minimum better than Bush Sr., Dole, Romney, or McStupid, all of which would have (or did) stop on the way to their inauguration to buy a white flag. In other words, with most of the amorphous middle of the GOP, you have to guess where they are going to settle out when they take office which is generally significantly to the left of where they campaigned. I am guessing that Trump will have much less movement in the event that he manages to get elected.

That said, I will take Paul any day of the week. Likewise with Cruz in spite of some concerns about his birthplace, but since we have already determined that rules don't matter after two elections with the Kenyan, why worry about that now?

Dirty Cruz-birther. How dare you interrupt INGO's approval of big-government republicans who claim really really hard that they aren't.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I gotta go with the psycho Trump! He's not kissing anybody's Ass trying to be politically correct, right or wrong I agree with a lot of what he has to say. The reality of actually making any of it work is another thing altogether but not many politicians actually follow thru after the election anyway.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Unfortunately there's nothing Conservative about him.

And what's the least bit conservative about Boehner/McConnell and all those repubs we voted in last round? We put them in charge and they haven't done JACK SH*T for all our efforts. So, only RINOS and and Obama are now allowed to "evolve" their positions? Wasn't Reagan a liberal originally, look how he turned out. If it weren't for Reagonomics, Bush I and Clinton would have not had had it so easy.

It would seem we'd be no worse off with a Trumpian in office than we are now. Plus he's the ONLY one talking securing the border and beefing up the military back where it needs to be.

Paul just wants to continue the "feel good" appeasement of ISIS.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    And what's the least bit conservative about Boehner/McConnell and all those repubs we voted in last round? We put them in charge and they haven't done JACK SH*T for all our efforts.

This ^^^.
    Now that it's becoming more evident that Trump is solidly #1 and gaining popularity, how soon will this message be received? How soon can these "leaders":rolleyes: be voted out?

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    Trump gets my vote. As far as I'm concerned, Boehner, McConnell, Fat Boy, and the rest of the RINO cuckservatives can take a flying leap at a rolling doughnut.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    There are so many candidates still at this point. A lot of votes are spread out so I'm looking forward to seeing how things play out as the number dwindles.

The hype behind Trump is interesting. He's very polarizing on most issues and I think that draws a lot of people's vote. People like when somone stands their ground. I think he's too bullheaded and likely to cause more issues than resolution.

With so much media focusing on Trump now, it's harder to gain insight into the other candidates. Luckily, we have the internet to do our own researching.

I can't help about thinking about this in microcosm. If you had two managers that you were considering for promotion, of equal effectiveness, but one is a bull-headed 'my way or the highway' type guy and the other was a quieter, effective team player who had good relations with his subordinates; who would you prefer to see move up the ladder. That's usually an easy choice to make.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I can't help about thinking about this in microcosm. If you had two managers that you were considering for promotion, of equal effectiveness, but one is a bull-headed 'my way or the highway' type guy and the other was a quieter, effective team player who had good relations with his subordinates; who would you prefer to see move up the ladder. That's usually an easy choice to make.

The government, like many other brutal crime organizations, may weigh these values somewhat differently than your average private employer.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Is one of them a self-made billionaire businessman?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I watched a few minutes of Trump's Mobile, AL rally tonight. And I gotta hand it to him, he knows how to work a crowd and has "it". He's not a small government, conservative but he keeps talking about trade, immigration, jobs, etc. and is cheer leading a sort of we can be great again theme and it seems to be resonating.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I watched a few minutes of Trump's Mobile, AL rally tonight. And I gotta hand it to him, he knows how to work a crowd and has "it". He's not a small government, conservative but he keeps talking about trade, immigration, jobs, etc. and is cheer leading a sort of we can be great again theme and it seems to be resonating.

I sat through the whole thing...while browsing INGO of course.

I kept getting the feeling that he had this list of buzzwords that he had to shamelessly work into his speech. The speech itself was incoherent and all over the place. His favorite book is the Bible? Really? Now I'm not a bible guy, so I don't really care if he's religious or not. But this is Alabama we're talking about. I thought, does he honestly expect people to buy that? Oh, wait. Yeah, he does. And they do.

I get the anger thing. I get angry with politicians too. But he makes the scam so obvious, anger or not, I just have to ask, WTF?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I sat through the whole thing...while browsing INGO of course.

I kept getting the feeling that he had this list of buzzwords that he had to shamelessly work into his speech. The speech itself was incoherent and all over the place. His favorite book is the Bible? Really? Now I'm not a bible guy, so I don't really care if he's religious or not. But this is Alabama we're talking about. I thought, does he honestly expect people to buy that? Oh, wait. Yeah, he does. And they do.

I get the anger thing. I get angry with politicians too. But he makes the scam so obvious, anger or not, I just have to ask, WTF?

He definitely talks like he's got a bad case of ADD, like you said, he's all over the place. But it's working. He's not my guy but I have to admit, whatever he's doing is effective in keeping and gaining support.

Top Bottom