• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    This is just a general discussion, observation, typing what i'm thinking, but now that the democrats are putting forth another gun ban soon, one that could even ban hand guns, require registration of AW and when you die you have to forfeit that weapon to the gov't, limit ammo sales, fingerprint and take your photo just like criminals, is anyone else thinking that this is how this country ends? If this all really does happen, will people actually give up their guns? Register everything they have and willingly get put on gov't lists so they know where to go to get your guns? What is going to happen? I guess thats the real question.

Im 29 yrs old, i havent lived through the last gun ban or much else for that matter but there wasnt mass chaos, but with the country hinging on bankruptcy, and the rest of the world hinging on the U.S., gov't take over of health care, gov't showing they can and will take over auto companies and banks, trying to get your guns while doing nothing to criminals who kill people with knives or their hands other than a few years in jail then back on the street. I'm obviously venting a bit on here, but has our country gone through something like this before? Other than the creation of the country and the fight to break away from tyranny obviously, it seems we are right back in it. Its almost as if guns are one of the last things need to make it complete gov't control. Scary times i say! Hopefully this is the appropriate section of the forum for this rant. sorry if it isnt.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is just a general discussion, observation, typing what i'm thinking, but now that the democrats are putting forth another gun ban soon, one that could even ban hand guns, require registration of AW and when you die you have to forfeit that weapon to the gov't, limit ammo sales, fingerprint and take your photo just like criminals, is anyone else thinking that this is how this country ends? If this all really does happen, will people actually give up their guns? Register everything they have and willingly get put on gov't lists so they know where to go to get your guns? What is going to happen? I guess thats the real question.

Im 29 yrs old, i havent lived through the last gun ban or much else for that matter but there wasnt mass chaos, but with the country hinging on bankruptcy, and the rest of the world hinging on the U.S., gov't take over of health care, gov't showing they can and will take over auto companies and banks, trying to get your guns while doing nothing to criminals who kill people with knives or their hands other than a few years in jail then back on the street. I'm obviously venting a bit on here, but has our country gone through something like this before? Other than the creation of the country and the fight to break away from tyranny obviously, it seems we are right back in it. Its almost as if guns are one of the last things need to make it complete gov't control. Scary times i say! Hopefully this is the appropriate section of the forum for this rant. sorry if it isnt.

There is a dedicated SHTF section.

I understand and wonder why more people your age do not think this way.

knot4reel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 1, 2011
    Way down south by Bl
    A very well thought out and intelligent post by you. I'm afraid that if The Democrats get their way and basically handcuff the NRA we will all be soon standing in deep doo doo.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Churchmouse- i think people my age dont have the upbringing i did. I was taught not to believe everything i was told by TV, i was told to figure it out for myself, and taught to think rationally. Common sense is a big part of it as well. If i cant pay my bills, will getting a loan to pay those bills be good? For the short period of time until the loan runs out yes, then after i will be worse off. Its so simple, yet if kids are taught that debt is good their whole lives then holy crap they are screwed. It really is amazing that democrat voters never live their lives the way they vote, they dont kill their kids, they dont steal their neighbors money, they hire armed men to protect them, yet they vote to screw themselves. it is so unreal.

justknapping

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 20, 2012
    Nashville
    Actually at 29 you did live during the last gun ban you may not have been totally aware but you were there. I remember when it was lifted my granddad was flooded with people wanting what he deemed "zoot" guns lol.
    That being said it is an uncertain time and unsettling but we should never fear but be prepared to uphold that which we feel is right and true. There may be changes to what we know for now but we can fight back stay educated and try like hell to elect people who will help us in our struggle.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    nra_obama_mail.jpg

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm 25 and remember marking the days off on the calender until the AWB sunset so I could restore my saiga 12 back to proper condition.

Times are more certain right now than many are willing to admit, there's just a severe lack of courage in many. Take note of all those claiming they're just going to hide and bury their guns, they're the ones who will be calling the ATF on you or selling you out when you stand up to the violations of your rights.

Most importantly, be ready, have your stuff squared away and not wrapped away in a closet somewhere. Inspect everything, do inventory checks, keep everything ready to go if something happens. If you're in the middle of panic buying, but you don't have any real equipment yet besides firearms, it's time to stop being silly and put funds where needed.

Make sure you also have plenty of long-lasting and easily portable food. Make sure you have load bearing equipment, and a pack. Make sure all these things are already set up and loaded out, and that you aren't missing something you need. Simple things like a map and compass may be forgotten by many, as well as a portable short wave radio.
    Some warm and durable clothes/gloves/boots are also essential.

Lots of things people are forgetting right now...

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    As far as the lack of courage by many, i think that might be the biggest problem. This country has raised wimps. We are taught that men acting like women are ok. No right and wrong, do what feels right, etc. Our politicians on our side will not stand up for anything, whether they are just afraid or they are liars like the rest, it doesnt matter. I just hope our military has enough men and women in it that will not stand for what i think the gov't plans to do to americans who stand up for their rights.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    As far as the lack of courage by many, i think that might be the biggest problem. This country has raised wimps. We are taught that men acting like women are ok. No right and wrong, do what feels right, etc. Our politicians on our side will not stand up for anything, whether they are just afraid or they are liars like the rest, it doesnt matter. I just hope our military has enough men and women in it that will not stand for what i think the gov't plans to do to americans who stand up for their rights.

You can act like a girl all you want. I don't see what that has to do with stepping up to the plate when you have to.

Division is never a good thing, at least among those who will do something.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    For me, losing my life standing up for my rights would be ok if I was only thinking about myself. I have a young wife and child to also think about. If the feds come to my door and ask for my guns or I get a felony per gun for lying and sent to the pokey for my wife to fend for herself, I have to think hard about that.

Who knows. We all need to think through what we would do now.

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I know what I would do. I have a wife and children as well. What am I leaving up to my children by giving up my freedom along with theirs? There are millions of people who feel the same way. I think Alex Jones said it on Piers Morgan the other night.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    For me, losing my life standing up for my rights would be ok if I was only thinking about myself. I have a young wife and child to also think about. If the feds come to my door and ask for my guns or I get a felony per gun for lying and sent to the pokey for my wife to fend for herself, I have to think hard about that.

IMNSHO having a freedom loving uncle (Uncle Sam) is better than having a p*ssy of a daddy.

Last edited:

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy

I agree with you.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    “If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Top Bottom