• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The recipe for this is simple. It's been done many times in the past. Once enough people are living hand to mouth, day to day not knowing how they're going to feed the children, you convince them that an undesirable group is responsible. Convince them well enough, they'll be begging to pull the trigger themselves.

Many seem to think that we've learned from history, especially the holocaust. These same things are still going on today. If we were in a shtf moment, would you kill to protect your food supply from thieves? Don't you think the government would scapegoat someone if shtf? If people are starving, they'll look for anyone to blame.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The recipe for this is simple. It's been done many times in the past. Once enough people are living hand to mouth, day to day not knowing how they're going to feed the children, you convince them that an undesirable group is responsible. Convince them well enough, they'll be begging to pull the trigger themselves.

Many seem to think that we've learned from history, especially the holocaust. These same things are still going on today. If we were in a shtf moment, would you kill to protect your food supply from thieves? Don't you think the government would scapegoat someone if shtf? If people are starving, they'll look for anyone to blame.

Of course. Don't you know there isn't any food because those greedy preppers took it all even though they didn't produce it?

indytiger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Relative in the guard.
    Let us know if this does happen.

Pretty sure it's not supposed to be allowed.

Back on topic, do you really think the commanders are going to do the shooting. It's your son's and daughter's, did you raise them up correctly.

Don't think it will ever happen, if it does there will be one less when they hit my house. Sorry son.

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Iwould hate to think anyone in the military would say yes to firing on a fellow countryman. But the oath to defend this nation still holds true to all servicemen/ women. That is where morals come into play,but considering many people no longer have those I shall have to inform all who impose Obama will upon me shall be fired upon!

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    those who cannot remember the past are doomed to repeat it
    Kent State shootings - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Decent comparison and there is a lot of different angles/details that I guess we'll never know about what happened there, but in the end they did fire on the crowd.

But you have to also factor in that if someone were to try and bring the troops to a city near you it wouldn't be their 'countrymen' that they are opposed by. It would be the good ol' boy brigade from the midwest patroling South Central LA to keep the peace where the militant drug gangs are ruling and then you would have all the brothers from the south patroling the hills of Kentucky, Indiana and Michigan to find all the white supremacists.

Racial, geographical and socio-economic stereotyping and disinformation will paint their opponents as anything but 'countrymen'...:dunno:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    But you have to also factor in that if someone were to try and bring the troops to a city near you it wouldn't be their 'countrymen' that they are opposed by. It would be the good ol' boy brigade from the midwest patroling South Central LA to keep the peace where the militant drug gangs are ruling and then you would have all the brothers from the south patroling the hills of Kentucky, Indiana and Michigan to find all the white supremacists.

Racial, geographical and socio-economic stereotyping and disinformation will paint their opponents as anything but 'countrymen'...:dunno:

This is a good point. The enemies will be called insurgents, terrorists, dissidents, traitors, rebels, anarchists, jihadists, Al Qaeda, and so on.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    Decent comparison and there is a lot of different angles/details that I guess we'll never know about what happened there, but in the end they did fire on the crowd.

exactly. i used to have the view where citizens would never fire on their family and friends... til i realized..

they'll never deploy military in -their home-
    they'll send midwest troops to east coast, west coast to midwest, etc. just another insurgent.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    The issue is that if this is really happening, that they're doing it in the proper order. While it is the infantry that ultimately pulls the trigger, they won't or shouldn't until the order is given. SO, without people in place to give that order, you have a 0% chance of success. Now, with people in that will give the order you have a 50% chance. Then the argument comes in that the order is or isn't legal/acceptable/reasonable. Those terms are relative to many things and controlled by context. Many things can change by moving a comma in a sentence of currently existing laws. EO's can edit those same laws. There are so many laws out there that there's realistically almost no way to get through an entire day without breaking at least one somewhere somehow. You tell a soldier that the law is X and the penalty is that the offender is to be shot, I have little to no doubt that 75% of the time, I'll be shot. I bet we can prove this by taking a little walk over to Fort Knox or Area 51, cross onto their property and see what happens, I highly doubt you'll be looking at a slap on the wrist and release to your freedom, if you do manage to not be shot the penalties for merely being ON land that you technically own as an American will be 10 times more severe than say trespassing on your neighbors lawn to which you have no claim or right to be on.

I was raised to respect the people that fight for our freedoms and rights and I do. Does that mean I trust every one of them to do the "right" thing for Americans? No. As with any large group there are sheep, sheep dogs, wolves and shepards. Not to mention it's a proven fact that people will follow the crowd even if they think something is wrong. Think Simon Says and how many times you did it wrong and so did the people around you, mimic'ing your movements. Think about the electric shock tests where they had unknowing people administer increasingly dangerous amounts of voltage to individuals despite their screams and pleading to stop. All too often we accept what we hear and take action because those around us do also without thought.

Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    I'd post a link but not sure how and not gunna learn at midnight, but on YouTube there is a video of this conversation on a Boston news station via Skype.

MagicKev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2011
    I think this is the video you are talking about:

[ame="http://youtu.be/kzT6X3_Bg9o"]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kzT6X3_Bg9o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/ame]

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    After watching the vid, and listening carefully to Dr Garrow... I too, find this premise (Obama's intent), if true, totally disturbing and alarming.... very alarming!

I will be seeking more info. :patriot:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    First off there is now way this is true. Leaders my give orders to fire. But, Soldiers do the firing. I m a Soldier and this does not make any since to the army values[/Q

This is you talking though, do you think there were similar people in germany who wouldnt go after their own people? yet they did. We all hope that the military will not do what these liberals want, but think about it right now, who in the military is doing ANYTHING about obama right now? Who is speaking out? no one, high ranking members are being fired for nothing and not speaking out, i've heard obama made information on when troops are being sent in and the timelines they are sent into afghanistan, thereby allowing the enemy to know when the next deployment is. things like this should never happen. We announced when we are withdrawing from war. who does this? Yet no one in the military has done anything, or at least no one hears about it. I hope for all our sake our military will never follow what obama wants to happen, but we havent seen anything yet from anyone, and he is dismantling this country and screwing over the troops left and right and nothing has been done.

Top Bottom