If you’ve chosen not to take a Covid vaccine for whatever reason(s), it may be wise to reassess occasionally.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I’m old enough to remember when people would die their vaccination status was included. Wonder why when so many presumably healthy people are dropping dead of heart attacks their status is no longer noteworthy?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So what are the covid guidelines now? My son was around someone who tested positive yesterday. His mom insists that he needs to quarantine for 10 days, I thought they changed it to 5? I'm more of the mind that if I'm not sick I'm going to keep livng my life.

He is supposed to have a motocross race on Sunday and I think if he feels fine we should go. It is outside anyway.
    I think if people have tested positive and are symptomatic, it's a good idea to stay away from people. But I think if you don't have symptoms, have at it. If people are worried about it then they need to take whatever precautions they think is best. That's the problem with the response we've had. They locked the whole country down, which means way more people not sick than sick losing their liberty.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    “Wherever Covid goes next - and at this point we don’t yet know - the mRNA shots will play no role in ending it. They are part of the problem, not the solution.

It is time, well past time, to admit the truth.”

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I think if people have tested positive and are symptomatic, it's a good idea to stay away from people. But I think if you don't have symptoms, have at it. If people are worried about it then they need to take whatever precautions they think is best. That's the problem with the response we've had. They locked the whole country down, which means way more people not sick than sick losing their liberty.
    If you are symptomatic, you should stay away from people anyway, test or no test. People should learn to stay home when they are sick, rather than going out and spreading it around.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    “Wherever Covid goes next - and at this point we don’t yet know - the mRNA shots will play no role in ending it. They are part of the problem, not the solution.

It is time, well past time, to admit the truth.”

mRNA is not a vaccine.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    If you are symptomatic, you should stay away from people anyway, test or no test. People should learn to stay home when they are sick, rather than going out and spreading it around.

I think if you have the flu, or covid, or something particularly nasty, yes, stay home. A mild cold, idunno how practical it is. I work primarily remotely, and I don’t really go to many places where a lot of people are. It’s easy for me. But I know a lot of people work jobs where they can’t take off for every little cold. I also think it’s good to exercise the immune system.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I think if you have the flu, or covid, or something particularly nasty, yes, stay home. A mild cold, idunno how practical it is. I work primarily remotely, and I don’t really go to many places where a lot of people are. It’s easy for me. But I know a lot of people work jobs where they can’t take off for every little cold. I also think it’s good to exercise the immune system.

I've always thought employers were their own biggest problem in regard to sick time. If someone is sick, let them stay home. That way they don't affect more employees who impact productivity. Even better if it's possible for them to work, but do it remotely. Forcing someone to use vacation time, or face penalties and come in to work while sick is a f'n stupid thing to do. I know, there are always people who will take advantage of it, but there have to be better options than there are now.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It's pretty easy to tell when you should stay home. Being sick has been frowned upon in this country though. Work someplace like downtown Chicago where most people commute on trains or buses, and work in buildings that have hundreds or thousands of people working in them. It's just plain rude to go into work when you are sick knowing full well you will be infecting any number of people.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It's pretty easy to tell when you should stay home. Being sick has been frowned upon in this country though. Work someplace like downtown Chicago where most people commute on trains or buses, and work in buildings that have hundreds or thousands of people working in them. It's just plain rude to go into work when you are sick knowing full well you will be infecting any number of people.
    Yes. If you're really sick, stay home. If you've turned into an extremely productive snot factory, don't nobody wanna see/hear that. Stay home. I do think employers should allow for that. A simple cold? Eh, suck it up and go to work. Keep our immune systems strong enough to help fight off the bad stuff. Even if you live/work in a uber population center.

I've always had a pretty good immune system. But I haven't had a cold or anything for quite some time. But we don't really go many places where I would catch something. No kids in the home. No office to go to. I feel like when I do catch something it's gonna be a doozy. And now that I've said I haven't been sick, I'm sure some germ somewhere is gonna find its karma.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Yes. If you're really sick, stay home. If you've turned into an extremely productive snot factory, don't nobody wanna see/hear that. Stay home. I do think employers should allow for that. A simple cold? Eh, suck it up and go to work. Keep our immune systems strong enough to help fight off the bad stuff. Even if you live/work in a uber population center.
    How do you tell a simple cold from early flu or early wuhu? Kind of like predicting the future.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    So what are the covid guidelines now? My son was around someone who tested positive yesterday. His mom insists that he needs to quarantine for 10 days, I thought they changed it to 5? I'm more of the mind that if I'm not sick I'm going to keep livng my life.

He is supposed to have a motocross race on Sunday and I think if he feels fine we should go. It is outside anyway.
    Go to the race and tell him to drive it like he stole it!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I can tell you after working in factories for over 40 years people need money, nobody stays home when they are sick. Some will gut it out in the bathroom most of the day if they can. Most don't care about spreading it, so what if someone else gets it, I need the $. So low paying hour jobs if your counting on people staying home forget it, ain't going to happen.

Top Bottom