If you could only suppress one handgun...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    I have a Silencerco Warlock II and love it. Can not say I have shot any other but I can recommend this one. I have 4 other items sitting in ATF jail and as soon as I start getting a couple of those out, I will be buying a Silencerco Sparrow can too. I talked to my guy that ran a bunch of cans the same day with the same base lines and the Sparrow came in best according to him. I just want another can so IF my kids ever let me teach them to shoot we have a couple 22 cans. Mine has Baffles the Sparrow is all one piece. I think mine can go 1,000 rounds before cleaning and the Sparrow 2,000

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    If only 1 pistol suppressor, it wouldn't be for .45 simply because the large bullet diameter doesn't suppress as well.

Have you heard an Osprey on a .45? It's really quiet. Wet it's even better! So my FNX .45 gets the vote. The diameter issue is no longer true. Also, if you get a .45 Osprey you can suppress the smaller calibers with it, so you buy one, and suppress as many as you want! The adapters are only $65 for each additional caliber and they are not an NFA controlled part.

IMG_2661.jpg

Last edited:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Have you heard an Osprey on a .45? It's really quiet. Wet it's even better! So my FNX .45 gets the vote. The diameter issue is no longer true. Also, if you get a .45 Osprey you can suppress the smaller calibers with it, so you buy one, and suppress as many as you want! The adapters are only $65 for each additional caliber and they are not an NFA controlled part.

My Osprey 45 sounds about as good as my Guardian 9 on my 9mm hosts.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas

View attachment 40329

SIR! This is a family forum!

It's very interesting that most people choose a .22LR pistol. My choice will be some sort of 9mm just because it's a caliber I already shoot. I'm all about simplicity, but I may pick up a .22LR pistol and a rifle down the line.

KUJO2388

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2015
    Terre Haute
    The more I think about it, I think I should go with an AR pistol in 300BLK that way I can use other uppers that will still fire through the same suppressor.

chef1231

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 23, 2014
    NWI
    You might as well just SBR the pistol. I just got a 556 sbr and went with the recc7 .30 cal can so I can put it on 308 and less. Really wanted the Omega but couldn't stand to wait any longer. I really thought hard about 300 but seems pretty hard and $$, I am way to lazy to load my own, so kinda ruled that out for me.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I was shooting a Glock 17 with a Gemtech on it this weekend, the shell casing hitting the table in front of me was louder than the gun going off, very very nice, I want one now, I see another addiction problem, and the only counselor is my woods and a few boxes of ammo.

Top Bottom