• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    We just enrolled this week. The deductibles are up. The costs are up. (Though ours will actually be going down by virtue of choosing a lower coverage plan.) And even the employer contribution to the HSA is down.
    I should mention that in the 7 years we've had these style plans, we've only hit the family deductible twice. Once with my cancer and once with the birth of #2. I don't even hit the individual deductible even when I have to have the maintenance lab work for the cancer. So we essentially pay full price for all our medical every year.

Last edited:

HoosierLife

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Greenwood
    I'm an insurance agent and this thing is an epic failure. Only the poor benefit, as they're the only ones that qualify for large subsidies. Even then, they also have high deductibles, so when they do use their health coverage, they don't pay the bill. That's after Ocare pays doctors up to 60% less.

"Atlas Shrugged" is coming to pass. Everybody gets their fair share.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We just enrolled this week. The deductibles are up. The costs are up. (Though ours will actually be going down by virtue of choosing a lower coverage plan.) ...

We will either be doing this or going with a Christian healthcare sharing program.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've posted on FB and asked a whole lot of people if the new system is helping. I can't find ANYONE who is being helped by this system, but I'm finding a lot who are being hurt.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I think I heard our beloved leader say something like if you like your guns you can keep them. So we have no worries.

planedriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    gone
    Be careful.... Last year my Blue Cross plan was cancelled and me along with it. Only problem I didn't know I was cancelled and the auto deduct kept on deducting! In March (3 months with no coverage) I found out I had no insurance but was paying for it. Finally got an acceptable plan for $150.00 per month more than I was paying for a plan I liked and understood..... What did I get for the extra $150 you ask? Less coverage and a higher deductible that I can't begin to understand.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I asked my cardiologist about the future. His opinion was that he is not willing to stay in business to to pro bono work.

My Doctor isn't accepting any new patients because of Obamacare, he'll keep the current patient if they are forced onto Obamacare.

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Our health insurance was going to get crapped on no matter which guy got voted in.

Not sticking up for mclame but think he could have got all the demwits support and non of the republicrats support. I know some people memories are selective but you do remember it was all a demwit passed and sign by the king demwit right with no support from the otherside. At least thats the way I remembered it

DanSwanky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Springfield
    Not sticking up for mclame but think he could have got all the demwits support and non of the republicrats support. I know some people memories are selective but you do remember it was all a demwit passed and sign by the king demwit right with no support from the otherside. At least thats the way I remembered it

I was referring to Obamacare vs. Romenycare. Both bring us to the position we are in now.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Doubtless the people who paid for the legislation are making money from it, the dc way.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I asked my cardiologist about the future. His opinion was that he is not willing to stay in business to to pro bono work.

When I express this possibility to some of my liberal acquaintances, and comment on the widespread implications for our quality of life, they shrug and say, "Fine, we can just get doctors from Namibia and India who will do just as professional of a job for much less...global marketplace, baby." So like a smartass I respond, "But wait a minute...wasn't that exactly what you said the Big Greedy Insurance Companies were going to do to us, anyway, eg. send us to Mexico for operations and stuff...so basically you're saying Obamacare accomplishes the same thing, just with Democrats receiving the lobbyist donations, instead?

No comeback for that.

So, what I learned is, that's really what they want for America: kick your golf-playing country-club fat-cat American doctor to the curb, and exchange him for someone from India, who is willing to work for what the government will pay. Third World health care for all. So our healthcare system comes to look just like England (you know...the place where spouses of Parliament members die on gurneys in hospital hallways and, ahem, "Middle Eastern," ahem, terrorists drive up on the sidewalk and behead soldiers, while batty old women stand there and try to argue with them?).

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What you will get in the end is a two tiered medical system. Have a lot of cash or a paid for in spades medical insurance policy? There's a place for you with the best of care. Not a part of that group? Wait in line like the limeys do to participate in a marginal system while the managers of that system hope you die before they call your number.

Top Bottom