• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glank09

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 27, 2013
    Corunna
    I just ordered my first part for my first AR build last night. I decided to go with an 80% lower. I have access to a machine shop for finishing it.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Whoever is telling you your taking a risk with an Anderson lower is talking out their ass! Anderson made lowers and other things for military contractors and then decided to start getting into the game themselves. You won't have any problem out of anything Anderson!

Yeah, I take what I read on the internet with a ton of salt.:) I have sold stuff to the military with a couple companies I have worked for and I understand Mil Spec very well. I just didn't want Que to shy away from Anderson's because of people who post that a Seekins, Magtech or Noveske it the only way to go. Spend you money on a good barrel.

Rep coming your way!

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    the kitchen
    Any qualtiy forged lower will be the start if a fine rifle.
    This is where I would start, but if I were to start at a gun show, I just might pick up a LPK or complete lower build kit first. Why?... Because a quality lower can be had for $40 in an on-line sale and I'd be surprized if you'd get that at a show. (Don't forget transfer fees when deciding where to buy though) Anderson first quality stuff is regularly at those prices these days. Look to AIM surplus.
    With the lower and LPK you can get your process started with as little as pin punches and a hammer.

Want to start with the higer $ stuff first? Barrel.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Any qualtiy forged lower will be the start if a fine rifle.
    This is where I would start, but if I were to start at a gun show, I just might pick up a LPK or complete lower build kit first. Why?... Because a quality lower can be had for $40 in an on-line sale and I'd be surprized if you'd get that at a show. (Don't forget transfer fees when deciding where to buy though) Anderson first quality stuff is regularly at those prices these days. Look to AIM surplus.
    With the lower and LPK you can get your process started with as little as pin punches and a hammer.

Want to start with the higer $ stuff first? Barrel.

I just ordered some Anderson lowers at $43 each including shipping.

gdkaiser

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Michiana-South Bend
    Just remember the weakest link is usually the poorest made part, and if you have poorly made bare lower expect nightmares... so I would use Recognizable brands

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I always start with a stripped lower. Without that you have nothing to build off of. IMO, a forged lower is a forged lower. I never had one that did me wrong. Spend money on trigger, barrel, bcg, and ammo.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    As I understand it, Anderson was making lowers for Colt during the panic buying frenzy. So I doubt they are a poor quality manufacturer.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Stripped Anderson lower - CHECK!

740AE713-AE85-4DA8-B4F4-6E19F77B023E_zpsazc5drkb.jpg

I will be going after the barrel next.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Stripped Anderson lower - CHECK!

740AE713-AE85-4DA8-B4F4-6E19F77B023E_zpsazc5drkb.jpg

I will be going after the barrel next.

Congratulations on the first step. Soon you'll be hearing this little guy calling out to you from the safe in the middle of the night, "finish me. Finish me."

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    What do you think about this?

I think it would go better on a set of these

Matched Upper & Lower Receivers | Rowe Tactical

But Anderson stuff is GTG. As been said before, they make parts/components for a lot of other makers. The finish on their receivers are good, nice and dark and clean, doesn't look dry.

I've held a couple of their receiver extensions before though and there seemed to be "bubbles" in the finish, might just had a bad batch but the extension was within spec and a CTR locked nice and tight to them

Top Bottom