• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mx_chick_42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    oh yeah, i wanted to share about the stupid comment at work today. a patient made a comment about how the courts ruled that they can not touch our second ammendment. then i mentioned that starting the 1st you can carry your gun to work as long as you keep it it your car. and then she (one one co-worker) said that it was a bad and stupid thing. so i asked why and my patient said cause if someone at work gets mad than they can just go out to car and get the gun to shoot everyone. so i came back with that those people dont care about the law if they r planning on going on a shooting spree. she didnt have a response after that. And since i have got into trouble in the past for talking about guns and hunting i left it at that. Plus was hoping that my co-worker wouldnt bring it up later cause i dont think i could have kept my mouth shut. ignorant people!!!

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    I've had this exact same conversation with some coworkers. They were even pro 2a and still thought guns shouldn't be allowed at work for the exact same reasons. I simply brought up all the cases of school shootings, etc where guns weren't allowed. He didn't have a whole lot of supporting info for his side of the arguement anymore and ended up agreeing.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    The world is full of them been dealing with 1 for a few hours and he just doesn't get how ignorant he is, I gave up trying to explain it to him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    An anti-firearm person that I once was talking to made a statement that I think reveals the true fear of some people. He was afraid that his opponent would pull out a firearm and start shooting if he got into a verbal altercation with someone carrying. I asked, "Why do you think someone is going to pull out a firearm and just start shooting?", and he said,

"'Cause it's what I would do if I had one. I would have trouble not pulling it out and using it if I got mad."

Some people are scared of themselves.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    An anti-firearm person that I once was talking to made a statement that I think reveals the true fear of some people. He was afraid that his opponent would pull out a firearm and start shooting if he got into a verbal altercation with someone carrying. I asked, "Why do you think someone is going to pull out a firearm and just start shooting?", and he said,

"'Cause it's what I would do if I had one. I would have trouble not pulling it out and using it if I got mad."

At least he is insightful enough to recognize this trait within himself. Fortunately there are those of us who can agree to disagree verbally and not feel the urge to escalate phsycally just to "win an argument".

+rep inc for great example of why some people shouldn't carry weapons and why those people shouldn't be allowed to infringe upon the rights of the rest of us.

Elkrock777

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Ask them how they are supposed to defend themselves from the crazy shooting spree employee if they dont have a gun themselves?
    Kinda like not bringing a knife(or gun) to the gun fight.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville

To change this a little, my wife is obviously not against guns, however she has said to me that she doesn't even want to learn how to shoot any of mine for the simple fact that she wouldn't ever want to have to shoot another person. Not that she wouldn't or couldn't if they were hurtin her or our kids, but the after affect.

She's not going to lose her temper and start bustin caps.....but it's a real fear for her that she might actually have to take a life.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Something else to think about that some of the sheep just can not/will not allow themselves to thnk about is the fact that sometimes "bad things" (ie. the crazy that walks into the store and starts shooting, the drunk driver that slams into a crowd of people, the girl that walks in front of a train to end her life, etc..) just happen with no reason behind it.

It is very hard for most people to think or even ackonwledge that in life "bad things" do occur. It's so much easier to live knowing that "that stuff does not happen here" and go on with life as "normal" knowing the that odds are with them that the "bad things" may never come to their doorstep.

So the introduction of a "gun" at work implies on a deeper level that they have to ackolwdge the "bad stuff" which they have spent a life time not acknolwging and thus it's so much easier to "attack" the gun then facing the real issue inside of them.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield

So true.

People never stop to think that their, "they'll just get a gun and shoot people" argument works whether it's legal to keep a gun in the car or not.

Unless the company is searching cars and people at the gate, there was never anything that prohibited people from bringing a firearm to work. There's also nothing that prohibits a person from going home or to wal-mart, getting a gun, coming back and taking out people. Just takes a little longer, but if you're committed to whacking people, what's another hour or 2.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So true.

People never stop to think that their, "they'll just get a gun and shoot people" argument works whether it's legal to keep a gun in the car or not.

Unless the company is searching cars and people at the gate, there was never anything that prohibited people from bringing a firearm to work. There's also nothing that prohibits a person from going home or to wal-mart, getting a gun, coming back and taking out people. Just takes a little longer, but if you're committed to whacking people, what's another hour or 2.[/quote]

But.. But.. this line of thinking mean the sheep has to acknolwedge the fact that "bad things" can occur and there is nothing you can do from stopping it (from occuring) and thus it's so much easier to think "that can't happen here that only happens in xyz place which is FAR from here".

A sheep can not/will not every acknolwegde this cause once they do they are no longer sheep and realize that they and only they can protect themseleves 24/7.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    oh yeah, i wanted to share about the stupid comment at work today. a patient made a comment about how the courts ruled that they can not touch our second ammendment. then i mentioned that starting the 1st you can carry your gun to work as long as you keep it it your car. and then she (one one co-worker) said that it was a bad and stupid thing. so i asked why and my patient said cause if someone at work gets mad than they can just go out to car and get the gun to shoot everyone. so i came back with that those people dont care about the law if they r planning on going on a shooting spree. she didnt have a response after that. And since i have got into trouble in the past for talking about guns and hunting i left it at that. Plus was hoping that my co-worker wouldnt bring it up later cause i dont think i could have kept my mouth shut. ignorant people!!!

My Dad and I where talking about that yesterday. If someone is going to go off the deep end. Not having a gun in their car is not going to stop them. There going to care less about law!

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    I agree, you can't fix stupid but most people are simply misinformed. They don't understand the truth because they don't KNOW the truth. They look at the GUN as evil, not the person behind it. When I explain that Chicago has a long-standing total ban, yet they had 54 homicides in one month, they look at me like I have 3 heads and say "Really"? Yes, really, gun control is NOT crime control.

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    I think the idea of someone using their gun because they got mad at work is more media hype than based on any actual facts. Just like most any other argument they make against gun ownership. They just keep playing the same tune hoping the rest of us will start believing their lies. If someone is going to shoot up their workplace they would probably go home first and get more guns, ammo, etc. More likely they would come back to their job a day or 2 after being fired after they stewed about it, before going on a shooting spree.

Top Bottom