• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Due to the 'ongoing situation' the Tri-Creek School Corporation in Lowell will remain closed for the day. School is scheduled to resume on Thursday . . .

My wife got the above call this morning shortly after 5pm telling her not to report to school today.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Due to the 'ongoing situation' the Tri-Creek School Corporation in Lowell will remain closed for the day. School is scheduled to resume on Thursday . . .

My wife got the above call this morning shortly after 5pm telling her not to report to school today.

Umm bob have you been hitting the kahlua laced cigars? I mean how could she get the call at 5PM this morning?? :dunno:

Last edited:

Farmerjon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    NorthWest Indiana
    Umm bob have you been hitting the kahlua laced cigars? I mean how could she get the call at 5PM this morning?? :dunno:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I read his post and missed that! In fact had to read yours three times to understand what you were implying!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: The only good thing from this story!
    Have to go to Merrillville today to take wife to foot doctor. Taurus 9 riding shotgun today with the Kel Tec.

NWIeng

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Hammond
    :laugh::laugh::laugh: I read his post and missed that! In fact had to read yours three times to understand what you were implying!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh: The only good thing from this story!
    Have to go to Merrillville today to take wife to foot doctor. Taurus 9 riding shotgun today with the Kel Tec.

We're thinking alike. Carrying the G26 today with the LCP hanging out in my bag. G26 doesn't come out usually til I have to wear a jacket.

Corky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    N.W. Indiana
    According to an update on the scanner last night, the truck has a "John Deer" plate on the front and an Indiana plate on the back.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum... Ya are just so overly paranoid. ;)
    Here is a sketch of "Mr. Crazy Gunman"
    4cac71ac2f919.preview-300.jpg

Sorry GhostofWinter it does not look like you. :D

As for the rest of you now you see why you should be carrying all the time? bad things CAN happen SOUTH of US-30 you know. It's not just the gangbangers NOTH of US-30 that are the problem.

Hum.. Wonder if we can sue the broke state of IL for sending us this criminal and for allowing him to have a gun since they have such good, tough, A+ Brady Campaign gun laws in IL.

Stay safe everyone and see you all at the next MEET & SHOOT.

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

UPCOMING EVENTS

The next MEET & SHOOT is for 16 OCT 2010 (go sign up!)
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...nd_shoot_-_sat_16_oct_2010_a.html#post1342678

Appleseed is coming to NWI on 23 OCT 2010
    2010 North Porter County, IN Appleseed Information

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

On finding a location for more Appleseeds:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_for_nwi_lake_porter_county.html#post1216426

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I see some people are going to carry an actual gun today (instead of a mouse gun)... good.

The only question is (assuming you aren't working/traveling in a NPE), why aren't you carrying like that everyday?

I'd be willing to bet if we made a list of 10 people who could be attacked today "Farmer on his property in Lowel" would be last on the list.

You never know when it's going to be "on".

It's silly to up arm yourself today because of the chance of running into this guy is far less than running into someone else who could harm you.

:twocents:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . It's silly to up arm yourself today because of the chance of running into this guy is far less than running into someone else who could harm you.

Yup, totally agree with you. The odds of running into anyone on any given day who will do you harm are fairly low for most people. This varies by occupation, location, etc. But the fact is that it can happen anywhere, anytime. To arm up now is illogical. To arm up everyday is, however, the only logical conclusion one can come to when assessing the facts.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's silly to up arm yourself today because of the chance of running into this guy is far less than running into someone else who could harm you.

Yup, totally agree with you. The odds of running into anyone on any given day who will do you harm are fairly low for most people. This varies by occupation, location, etc. But the fact is that it can happen anywhere, anytime. To arm up now is illogical. To arm up everyday is, however, the only logical conclusion one can come to when assessing the facts.

Ah you both of nuts! Daddy O will protect us. Besides it's only natural for humans to "do" after they have "seen". In our case NWI INGOers will "arm up" for a few days and then once the guy is caught "relax" a bit and go back to the 'state of compliance' until the next event occurs.

Very few will be like Prometheus always ready to roll even when the whole thinks he has lost his mind.:D

subtlesixer03

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    I had heard late last night he shot somebody in Lynwood. Its just north on Saukvillage and right on the border. My old home town actually.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    :dunno: Nothing inmy routine is changing. I never quite understood the idea of carrying a .380 as an EDC, then switching to a more substantial caliber when there's potential for a problem. IN OMNIA PARATUS. :twocents:

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    I don't know how you guys in NWI stay.... I don't like to get within 100 miles of IL.

I don't know how you guys in Indy stay...Porter County seems to be the least crappy of all the counties in Indiana that I have been through. Lake County can be pretty rough, but (with the possible exception of Gary) no moreso than Indy.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

Ran a checklist of what has changed for us since this story broke ... Answer: nothing.

Still carrying the same guns/gear, same type/amount of ammo, same level of awareness, same routine.

I am aware of the descriptions (physical, clothing, vehicle and actions) but since I didn't get a memo telling me he's coming to my house, no need to do anything else.

gmercer308

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2010
    Lake Village, IN
    gmercer308, sorry to hear about your friend. As I hear it he was shot 4 times in the right side/shoulder/arm but is in stable condition at St Anthony's in Crown Point. Hopefully he will continue to remain stable and improve.

Just talked to my wife.

The Lowell schools are apparently still locked down. Parents are able to come get their kids but the kids are locked in the classrooms and are released to the parent, 1 by 1, as parents arrive.

My wife HAD plans for this afternoon. Apparently she is going to be at the school for quite a while.

Thank you for your words.

My dad just called me today at noon. he told me Mr. Dahl called the grain elevator where my dad works and asked what the grain prices were. He also said he wasn't feeling much pain right now since he is still in the hospital and receiving medication right now. He was shot three times, 2 in the upper shoulder and then right below it. But he said he's doing pretty good. They didn't want ask any more than what he was going to tell besides just asking him how he was doing. I'm glad he's doing good and my prayers go out to him and to the other victims as well as catching this scum bag.

melensdad.. Who is your wife at LHS? I graduated there in 05' maybe I know here. You can PM it to me if you want. I tried PM'in you but I only have 11 posts...

Stay safe out there..

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I just saw a mad number of cops over on 73rd Avenue in Hobart/Merrillville. They were at the veteran's park on that street across from John Wood Elementary. Could be something, could be nothing. But, there was a gray pickup truck parked in the grass. Although, I think it was a GMC Sierra, not a Chevy Cheyenne.

As for WalMart in Hammond, that's not that unusual. Dealers from the north side of Hammond sell drugs in the parking lot.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    I just heard a blurp that someone was just shot at the Hammond Walmart.

I dont have a link.

Where did you hear that? My fiance' just called to say that the dude is shooting at Wal-Mart in Hammond and to stay home because I live a mile away. She said she heard that from someone she works with. I told her I would head right over there to check it out and make sure that none of the drug dealers got hit.

Top Bottom