• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well its true, Illinois is now advancing a Concealed Carry Law that will, if it passes through the process, make it legal for some people to carry guns in the Land of Lincoln.

But, as Chicago Tribune columnist Eric Zorn writes, it appears to be nothing more than political theatre:

Wednesday, March 03, 2010
    State House committee passes pro-gun concealed carry! Big news?
    Change of Subject: State House committee passes pro-gun concealed carry! Big news?
    Share |
    Not so much. The Archpundit explains why:

This same committee has passed a concealed carry bill at least 3 times and probably more. It’s nothing more than political theater. It will never get to the floor because it will die in Rules and not just because of Chicago Democrats. Suburban Republicans don’t want to have to vote on the bill and certainly Cross doesn’t want it brought up anymore than Madigan. They won’t let it come to a vote on the floor regardless of whether they can defeat it. That’s the whole point of putting it in the Ag Committee. It’s largely full of pro-gun Rs and Ds and so they get to go home and say they voted for concealed carry and those in areas where it’s a tough vote never have to see the bill. The only people the bill matters too get to vote on it and use it in their reelection campaigns. Everyone else gets to ignore it.

Same stuff, different day.

Every time I write this I get some dimbulb in arguing the merits of concealed carry and how it really might pass this year because of the strength of their reasoning ability. Bullcrap. It’s a bill designed to protect incumbents on both sides of the issue and meant to never see the light of day​

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Well spoken. It's a communist state anyway.

Acutally, I'd say it is a pretty decent state, not much different from Indiana, except for the gigantic festering purulent cesspool called "Chicago" rotting away on the corner of it.

Unfortunately, that's the part that controls the whole state.

STAG556

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Indy
    Originally posted by: antsi
    Acutally, I'd say it is a pretty decent state, not much different from Indiana, except for the gigantic festering purulent cesspool called "Chicago" rotting away on the corner of it.

+1 AMEN:yesway:

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.

Unfortunately, that's the part that controls the whole state.

Plenty of liberal idiots in the whole state.ie. East St. Louis, southern Il. is full of union thugs and idiots at SIU , Peoria is full of lefties and last but not least , a whole pack of loons in Champaign. The populated areas of Il are cover by leftist loons!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Plenty of liberal idiots in the whole state.ie. East St. Louis, southern Il. is full of union thugs and idiots at SIU , Peoria is full of lefties and last but not least , a whole pack of loons in Champaign. The populated areas of Il are cover by leftist loons!

Tell us how you really feel!;)

protias

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Formerly Greensburg
    From what I've heard from a few IL people, the state is pretty conservative, except from Chicago. I wouldn't be surprised if that bill was a may issue instead of shall issue.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Tell us how you really feel!;)

When people say Ill problems revolve around Chicago it bugs the crap out of me.
    It is dishonest not to tell the truth about the whole state.

BTW Indiana has problems too with Lake county and NW Indiana, Lafayette, Bloomington.
    Thank God we have enough sensible people in Indiana to help override the loons............sometimes. :dunno:

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    Doesn't Illinois give give out some ccws? I was told by a friend that he Saw on. He said it was pink just like out LTCH

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    What is wrong with NWI??? We have some of the best stuff here???

GARY isnt even on the top 10 anymore for worse cities... There isnt a dang place I'd rather live! WE have everything here....

and F Illinois....

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    you know why all the trees in indiana lean west?

cause ohio blows and illinois sucks! heheehee. honestly, if russia were to come and invaide illinois, i might help the russians. i'm all for california breaking off the west coast and floating out to sea but, i hope the same earthquake swallows illinois whole and we can share the barren land with iowa. maybe we could grow some good pheasant on the open plains! the only good thing to come out of the chicago area was pizza and you can get that anywhere now. besides, have you ever followed someone with illinois plates? how do they breed such a large number of jacka$$es who can't drive? i wouldn't want them to have guns either!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, if the Russian paratroopers dropped on Chicago City Hall only, I might say, "Добро пожаловать, освободители!" (Dobro pozhalovat', osvoboditeli! Welcome, liberators!).:D

Illinois does not give out any CCW permits.

They do allow off duty police to carry but there is no civilian carry provision available

Unless you want to go through the mindbending hoops of becoming a private investigator.

Doesn't someone on INGO have a buddy from Illinois that is a p.i. over there?

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Doesn't Illinois give give out some ccws? I was told by a friend that he Saw on. He said it was pink just like out LTCH

He probably saw someones FOID firearms owners identification card. You have to get one to buy/own any guns and ammo. Yes you have to get a permit to buy ammo there :n00b:

NO.

Illinois does not give out any CCW permits.

They do allow off duty police to carry but there is no civilian carry provision available.

Sure they do, but over there they call them Special Deputy commissions. They give them out as political favors. They used to (and may still) do the same thing in Lake Co IN.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom