• ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    https://www.facebook.com/events/323264938035083/

For anyone who is looking for a good beginners shooting class, even if you live in IN. I have taken multiple classes (including this one) with them and have always learned something and left happy. The instructor is extremely down to earth and willing to help you with whatever you need. You can't beat their price for a two day class that includes food/drinks. I highly encourage anyone who has firearms to be professional trained.

GunSense LLC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2013
    Russiaville
    Illinois is only allowing non-resident permit applications from 4 states, Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina, and Virginia.

It has to do with how mental health records are stored. My understanding is, the sticking point is this: In Indiana (and most states) if you are off your rocker, lets say running in and out of traffic naked, the cops get called, they realize you are having mental issues, and commit you to a facility. That record gets stored. But, if you are sitting at home contemplating suicide or something like that, but have some flash an sanity, and go to a mental health facility and check yourself in, then that doesn't go on your record. Illinois has a problem with that.

The Second Amendment Foundation has an active lawsuit against Illinois over this particular issue. That is one avenue getting this resolved. Nation Reciprocity is another. But for now, I just avoid Illinois and choose to spend my entertainment and leisure money here in Indiana or other states that welcome me. I also choose to send some of the money I didn't spend in Illinois to the SAF.

There is one exception that I think most people know about. You are allowed to carry a loaded firearm on your person with only your Indiana LTCH, in your car, provided you don't exit your car. So, if you are driving from Gary to Milwaukee or across 74 to the Quad Cities, you can fill your cars tank and empty yours in Indiana, and stay armed crossing the state. The Terre Haute to St Louis is pushing it for how long you can last in a car.

Top Bottom