• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Just received an alert from the gun owners to our west an it looks like one of their senators has gone all in on banning and confiscation. Those poor bastards are getting it hard in the new year, if this is true.

ISRA Urgent Alert - Illinois Near Total Gun Ban January 2nd!

Is there a link or source with the actual text of the proposed legislation, or a link to the bill on the IL legislature's website?

Aren't the gun banners in Illinois under a court order to allow concealed carry withing a certain time period? Did I just dream this? I am certain I read where a federal court ruled against the state and City of Chicago. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong (like I have to ask on :ingo:)

In light of McDonald v. Chicago, and Moore v. Madigan, this idiocy has a snowball's chance in hell of actually being implemented.
    Since when has contempt of federal court or law stopped IL from doing something?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Is there a link or source with the actual text of the proposed legislation, or a link to the bill on the IL legislature's website?
    Not yet. All I got was the alert from ISRA. I imagine the bill will surface in the next day or two when they start their lame duck session. When it's posted will depend on how fast they actually do things in IL.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Since when has contempt of federal court or law stopped IL from doing something?

I'm with you, this "bill" seems a stretch, even for Illinois. I'll wait until I see the actual text before I start tinfoiling.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Aren't the gun banners in Illinois under a court order to allow concealed carry withing a certain time period? Did I just dream this? I am certain I read where a federal court ruled against the state and City of Chicago. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong (like I have to ask on :ingo:)

THIS, is what I was thinking..... I thought that Il. were just told, that gun bans, are UN Constitutional, and they are going to have 180 days, to pass a RTC bill ?????

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    :+1: Being simplistic doesn't make it incorrect.

Explain how proposing a bill, which has to go through the legislative system, is treason? Are we to start locking up people that introduce bills that are in our opinion unconstitutional, and citing treason as the reasonings?
    That's fascism, pure and simple. The founders installed a system that was designed to prevent the passing of such laws.

Let's not start throwing around words incorrectly, as it diminishes actual treasonous acts.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Does this jack-wad really think all the criminals, gang-bangers and others who do not believe in the rule of law will turn their firearms in?

It never fails to amaze me how stupid politicians can be. There must be a rule in states like Illinois that to run for office, you must have no brains, and must have a scan showing you don't.

Hello Cullerton, didn't you take an oath of office, you know, the one that makes you say you will uphold the Constitution of The United States of America? That pesky document with the line about "shall not be infringed"?

The problem is that they are not stupid but rather evil. In fact, they need for the criminals to refuse to turn in their weapons because they need a bogeyman to make the sheep cling to the statists without questioning the things they do. It is about control of the sheep. Crime is completely irrelevant to them. As for the oath of office, I believe they use custom made toilet paper with the Constitution printed on it.

In my admittedly simplistic view, this is treason.

Simplistic? You are simply seeing a plain truth in a plain way.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Explain how proposing a bill, which has to go through the legislative system, is treason? Are we to start locking up people that introduce bills that are in our opinion unconstitutional, and citing treason as the reasonings?
    That's fascism, pure and simple. The founders installed a system that was designed to prevent the passing of such laws.

Let's not start throwing around words incorrectly, as it diminishes actual treasonous acts.

Yes, and the Second Amendment is the backstop on that system, which is why those with treasonous intent constantly attack it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yes, and the Second Amendment is the backstop on that system, which is why those with treasonous intent constantly attack it.

Treason, is a crime in which death is justified, is it not? Do you believe that proposing an unconstitutional bill reaches the level in which capital punishment, for treason against the state, is valid in such instances?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Treason, is a crime in which death is justified, is it not? Do you believe that proposing an unconstitutional bill reaches the level in which capital punishment, for treason against the state, is valid in such instances?

As with all offenses, there are both aggravating and mitigating circumstances, but as rule, yes I do believe that introduction of a bill which clearly serves to undermine the constitution warrants such a response. Being slack on this type of thing for roughly a century now is why we are in the deplorable state that we are in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As with all offenses, there are both aggravating and mitigating circumstances, but as rule, yes I do believe that introduction of a bill which clearly serves to undermine the constitution warrants such a response. Being slack on this type of thing for roughly a century now is why we are in the deplorable state that we are in.

And If a private person chooses to write their congressman and ask that a "unconstitutional" law be passed, prompting the legislator to act, that would also be a treasonous act, worthy of death, correct?

Or how about simply talking about "how" a AWB should be passed for the benefit of the nation, although recognizing that it is "unconstitutional?" Is that treason, as well?

You are creating a very slippery slope, and I'm 100% confident that the founders would have found that your beliefs run contrary to freedom loving peoples.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Sigh...and things actually looked promising for a minute there with the CCW ban overturn. I really hope this doesn't come to pass, for the sake of my loved ones that live in IL.

Top Bottom