• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    I see that IL will now allow residents of the following states to apply for an IL non res CCL;

• Hawaii
    • New Mexico
    • South Carolina
    • Virginia
    any chance anyone hears of IL granting us the same opportunity in the future?
    Had to go there today for a kid's b-day party and got me thinking on the subject again...

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    beats me, but I find it interesting that theres a couple places, gander mountain for example, that have signs for some training for non res Ill ccw classes, tricked me for a moment into thinking they opened the non res to us.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    i was at cabelas today on the way back and saw some very similar signs. i did a triple take just to make sure. so stupid how strict IL is, but they are heading in the right direction. In january they were only allowing Hawaii residents to apply.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    no doubt. again, in the right direction. i just dont see how they can exclude anyone who otherwise meets all of their criteria except state of residence. but that's IL for ya

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indiana should never have honored Illinois' permit without reciprocity. Before you go and say, "Why should the people suffer because of their state's ignorance?"
    Two reasons: They chose to live there and Illinois residents who owned a business in Indiana or Indiana was their primary place of work could always apply for an Indiana license.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    i was at cabelas today on the way back and saw some very similar signs. i did a triple take just to make sure. so stupid how strict IL is, but they are heading in the right direction. In january they were only allowing Hawaii residents to apply.

Heading in the right direction? I suppose that is true in theory. But at the rate of 4 states every 14 months (it's been 14 months since the IL concealed carry law became law), it will take them over 13 years to get the other 46 states on the list. Indiana will probably be the last one.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I took my Utah and AZ class from Blackhawk Defense at Cabelas in Hammond. They called me about a year later to let me know they are now offering the IL CCW class. I asked if IL accepts my Utah or AZ and they said not yet, but I could get the class done for when they do. I told them I would wait until my current is accepted.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    At this time and for the forseeable future Indiana residents cannot get an Illinois CCW. I am an Illinois CCW instructor so have a pretty good understanding of what is going on. You may take the class now if you want, the certificate has no expiration date but I wouldn't recommend it. We finally got a law passed but only because of the court action and what we got was designed to pass muster with that court action while being as restrictive as possible. Now that we do have a law in effect give us a few years to show no "blood in the streets" and we will make it better.
    I start my classes by giving a short rundown of Indiana's CCW laws and use that as an example of what we need to work toward in Illinois. Hopefully we will get rid of one of the most anti-gun governors in the states who thinks our present CCW law is frightening because it is not restrictive enough. Give us a bit more time and hopefully the restrictions will come off and the price will be lowered. Jim.

spankys56

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 11, 2014
    NWI
    You live in the state of Chicago. It is going to be very hard to break the cycle, but it does look like there is hope. ^

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    At this time and for the forseeable future Indiana residents cannot get an Illinois CCW. I am an Illinois CCW instructor so have a pretty good understanding of what is going on. You may take the class now if you want, the certificate has no expiration date but I wouldn't recommend it. We finally got a law passed but only because of the court action and what we got was designed to pass muster with that court action while being as restrictive as possible. Now that we do have a law in effect give us a few years to show no "blood in the streets" and we will make it better.
    I start my classes by giving a short rundown of Indiana's CCW laws and use that as an example of what we need to work toward in Illinois. Hopefully we will get rid of one of the most anti-gun governors in the states who thinks our present CCW law is frightening because it is not restrictive enough. Give us a bit more time and hopefully the restrictions will come off and the price will be lowered. Jim.
    Well, I'm not holding my breath, but as soon as I could get an Illinois non-resident permit, I would.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Indiana will be the last state Illinois offers a non res to. It is because every gun in Chicago that it used to kill someone is bought in Indiana.

Top Bottom