• ...and so much more!
  • Kveldulf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Tippecanoe County
    at least now the criminals of Illinois know who NOT to try and rob :ar15:
    This is true if your intent is not to steal guns, but simply to get away the swag. As gunman41mag said, they will know who to steal from. If you know anything about the gun owner's schedule, you will know when they are not around to steal the gun.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    We need to do our part to help out Illinois gun owners speak out against this. Baby steps is all it takes. If it is eventually determined that the FOIA can be used to disclose the FOID card list, the will drag that across state lines. The Brady Campaign (and others) will use that as an example when they attempt to force out the lists of those with carry licenses/permits, and every state that crumbles and exposes their lists will make it that much more difficult for the rest of us to say "Hell no!"

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    I own property in Indiana. I'm an Illinois resident as I have two kids in schools and don't want to disrupt their lives because of Illinois politics.

In the past few months, I watched Pat Quinn steal the election. I watched them jamb a 67% tax increase thru a lame duck session at 1 am on the day of swearing in the new legislature. And I watched the farce of Rahm getting elected mayor as the defacto governor. I've watched two state legislatures hide out in Illinois from their jobs in their home states. I watched Daley puke his anti gun rhetoric as his post mayoral destiny. And now the FOID issue.

Exactly WTF is going to make this rat jump off the sinking ship of Illinois?

We're getting ever so close.....

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Ah, just one more reason to never enter Ill. It's a shame really, I've known a lot of good folks in the southern portion of that state but it matters not because it is ruled from Chicago.

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I figured the majority on this site would be more concerned with the government already having that information than members of the public finding out about it.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I figured the majority on this site would be more concerned with the government already having that information than members of the public finding out about it.
    Depends on who in the public finds out about it. There are gun thieves, people who think they should be the only ones armed, control freaks and many more who show signs of serious illnesses.

groundhog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2009
    Munster
    Thanks for the post. I'll have to let my brother in IL know about this. I moved to Indiana from Illinois about 4 1/2 years ago. Turns out to be a great move.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    I would like to move but unfortunately my daughter doesn't want to change schools. We are looking for land in Indiana but will be stuck here for a few more years.

I live in the country and I don't know anyone in my area that doesn't have a few guns. So I really don't care if they release my name as a gun owner.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I would like to move but unfortunately my daughter doesn't want to change schools. We are looking for land in Indiana but will be stuck here for a few more years.

I live in the country and I don't know anyone in my area that doesn't have a few guns. So I really don't care if they release my name as a gun owner.

NEVER, NEVER, Let the GOVERNMENT give away your P R I V A C Y:xmad::xmad::xmad:

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    I was trying to figure out why the Illinois State Police are fighting this. Do the police in Ill. need a FOID card for their weapons at home? :dunno: I guess that might explain it, since that is one group which might have a higher percentage of firearms ownership than the Ill. general public.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Used to live there and would never move back.

My name is unique enough that I would be the only one in Illinois with it.

This says it all, FTA:

Checking the administration and enforcement of gun laws by federal officials was the city of Chicago's intent when it sued in federal court in 2002. Because Illinois courts have not addressed the issue, Rogina crafted his decision by relying in part on the Chicago ruling, which found no privacy violation as the federal government had claimed.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    Only two good things have ever come out of Illinois, Hwy 64 and 70.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.jpg

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

I'd say it's both, but requiring a FOID has been discussed in just about every thread about gun owning in IL that has been.

I was trying to figure out why the Illinois State Police are fighting this. Do the police in Ill. need a FOID card for their weapons at home? :dunno: I guess that might explain it, since that is one group which might have a higher percentage of firearms ownership than the Ill. general public.

I don't think they need one for their duty weapons, but yes probably for any personally owned ones.

And this brings up a point I was going to make anyway. +1 for the IL SP. Doesn't anyone here remember our SP giving out the list of LTCH holders including all the info on your card to anyone for about $20 and without a fight. It took an act of legislature to stop it. And there is currently a bill in the IL house to stop this.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've seen lots of INGOers in support of "government registries."

Now maybe they can take their blinders off and see how stupid and privacy-violating they are.

If you support any other kind of "registry", now you know what it is like to be on one. And now you can hopefully see how utterly useless they are at "keeping people safe" from the resident.

Top Bottom