• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    I finished making this knife about a week or so ago, its 5/32" 1095 distal tapered blade and tapered tang. Green micarta scales, orange spacers with 3/16" brass pins.
    I cant put my finger on it, but I am not happy with this knife. Part of it is the micarta...it just isnt the OD green I was after. I polished it to 1500 grit and then buffed it. It has a kind of yellowish look to it in spots.
    I dont know.
    What do you think?
    You can be honest, I can take it.

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1587.jpg

....and now my computer wont allow me to upload any more pictures.
    I will put some more up later.

HBC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2012
    Looks like a good stout knife to me. I like it. You're definitely being too hard on yourself.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I agree, I would be embarrassed.

Kidding, how much? I am a function over form guy. If it can take a lot of abuse I may be interested. I will use the living heck out of it and report back with an AAR.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Gotta love a good knife! I see no problem. Perhaps it doesn't fit your hand comfortably... Otherwise, it sure looks and sounds very nice.

I'd love to make a knife I could call all my own. I've got a new mission in life thank you!

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    It looks really good to me. I think the biggest problem is that you had some expectations on the hadnle material that didn't quite pan out the way you wanted it. As someone that is just looking at the finished product without having had to go through the act of making it and having certain expectations of it before it was finished, I think it's a darn nice blade.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    I know what it is. It seems to have the image of a ghostly face emblazoned in the steel of the blade. Kind of creeps me out. Other than that it looks great.

Lagrange

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Lagrange, IN.
    Well, thanks for your comments, you are all very kind. But like I said, there is something about it...
    It's very sharp, and I am sure it will be a good usable knife. I did make a leather sheath for it.
    I think it's the scales. I expected something a little more solid looking. I dont like the way the material in the micarta shows up.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Well, thanks for your comments, you are all very kind. But like I said, there is something about it...
    It's very sharp, and I am sure it will be a good usable knife. I did make a leather sheath for it.
    I think it's the scales. I expected something a little more solid looking. I dont like the way the material in the micarta shows up.

I don't know if your liner material will stain but you might try to dye the micarta to a color you would like better.

Top Bottom