• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    In one eye anyway. For the past week, I've been getting headaches and I've had photosensitivity in my left eye. I've been holding off on going to the doctor because I just got a new job and my insurance hasn't kicked in yet. But after getting a bad migraine the other day, I couldn't wait anymore. Went in this morning and was told that I have a corneal ulcer. I was also scolded because I shouldn't have waited. Now I'm taking antibiotic drops every hour, 24 times a day. There's a possibility that I could go blind in that eye. So I guess I'm looking for some prayers and/or nondenominational thoughts.

Bright side: It's not my dominant eye, so I can still go shooting even if I do lose it.

Thanks
    Pilot

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Don't worry, they can fix these.

I took a bunch of glass into my left eye and had to have surgery to replace part of the cornea. All is not lost. Chin up, breath, follow the doc's orders.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I had a very similar problem at one time. I had an eye injury and shortly after, my eye would become very sensitive and then go completely blind. I was put on some kind of steroid because my lens fused to my iris or something like that. It took a few days and then got better, but it happened again a few months later. I still get migraines, but my eye hasn't gone dark in a couple of years. I'm praying you have a complete healing.

unshelledpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2014
    Hammond
    Update:

After a few days of non stop 30 minute doses of ciprofloxacin (even overnight. I never got more than 20 minutes of sleep at a time) the doc says it's looking better. I barely get headaches now and I can open that eye to light. She had to give me another scrip for a super special voodoo magic concoction because she wants to treat both types of possible infection I could have. I'm sure that's going to cost some serious scratch. I'd rather part with my money than my eye. Thanks for the good vibes, keep em coming folks.

Thanks
    Pilot.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Update:

After a few days of non stop 30 minute doses of ciprofloxacin (even overnight. I never got more than 20 minutes of sleep at a time) the doc says it's looking better. I barely get headaches now and I can open that eye to light. She had to give me another scrip for a super special voodoo magic concoction because she wants to treat both types of possible infection I could have. I'm sure that's going to cost some serious scratch. I'd rather part with my money than my eye. Thanks for the good vibes, keep em coming folks.

Thanks
    Pilot.
    :yesway:

Reagan40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    too far from nature
    My wife had the same thing several years ago. It got really bad on a Saturday, so we went to a med check. The doctor there misdiagnosed it and gave her a course of treatment that made it worse. By Monday night we were at the ER, and her eye doctor was called in that night. Her eye doctor was amazing. She gave my wife her cell number and had my wife stop by the office before they opened each morning. This allowed my wife to stop there on her way to work.
    It is important to do exactly what they say for as long as they say to do it. My wife was left with a small scar on her cornea. Her brain has learned to ignore it most of the time, but her vision has never been the same. When she gets a bit older they will do a cornea transplant.
    I am glad they diagnosed you properly. Hopefully you will have a faster and more complete recovery. The lesson we learned is not to take a chance with your eyes. They are worth paying for.

Top Bottom