• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Hi everyone! Boy have I missed you all!!!
    hug.gif

Life has been keeping me pretty busy. I won't bore you with too many details, just suffice it to say "life stuff". You know, work, kids, hubby, hobbies, etc. Even my gramma yelled at me the other day cause I don't call her enough. :rolleyes:

I got a promotion at work. Woo hoo! Sounds great right? Sure til you find out the company is getting ready to lay off a bunch of people next year and I very well could be one of them. (Yeah, thanks Mr. Boss-man for sucking the wind right outta my sails! Thanks a lot!)

Oh, I snagged me a deer too! A fantastic doe with a gorgeous coat (actually having the hide tanned). Perfect shot too... I do love my 12-guage. :draw: Of course I really wanted a monster buck, but I'm what I call a "fair-weather hunter" and got tired of sitting out in the cold. Besides, I had all that other "life stuff" to take care of.

I believe I promised you some news. Remember a while back when I was asking you all about what branch of the military would be best suited for a young lady? Well, she did it! My 19 year old daughter, Aly, has joined the Indiana Air National Guard! :rockwoot:

I want to thank each and every one of you who gave advice and guidance. Every bit of it was taken into consideration, it was very much appreciated and she certainly didn't take the decision lightly. Your input really helped... a lot.

Her ASVAB scores were fantastic, even her recruiter was floored! (She's starting right off with the element of surprise... thats my girl!) Now she just has to wait for a job to come available that she's interested in and then she'll be off to Fort Worth, TX for basic. The best part about the whole thing so far was when we announced it to the family last weekend during our "family Christmas" get-together. My mom shot iced tea out her nose. :lmfao:Good times... good times.

Ok, it's your turn. Catch me up. What have I missed?

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Congratulations on mastering such a busy life. And Congratulations to your daughter. I wish her a safe journey be it a single tour or a career.

Welcome back!

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    Welcome back!

As to news....well, Scutter01 was briefly replaced by a bacon-grease fueled "Mod-Droid", that selectively banned people for grammatical errors, and excessive use of the word "and". Thankfully, he escaped the ice cavern where Fenway imprisoned him, defeated the Mod-Droid in ritual hand to hand combat, and was re-instated as a moderator. We're all glad THATS over!

Oh, and we're on a new server thats much faster, but I think someone already mentioned that.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey jenny! Long time no see! Glad to hear things are going good! Except the lay off part. Maybe they'll see you as too big an asset and skip over you! :D That's great to hear about Aly! I wish her the best!!!

:patriot:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    (She's starting right off with the element of surprise... thats my girl!)

Don't turn this into a CC/OC debate. :rolleyes:

:D Sorry, congrats to your daughter and welcome back!

What have I missed?

There was a "Glocks are cool" thread and we found that most people carry with a round in the pipe.
    Other than the brief stint with the Mod-Droid, pretty much business as usual. :):

Top Bottom