• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I quit watching NFL when Colin Kaepernick took that first knee. I'm not much of a spectator of anything so it was a little easier than some to walk away.

There are people in this country (and on INGO) where watching sports is a big part of their life. They probably grew up watching them with their dad, then they watched with their friends and now they are watching with their children. It is a deeply seated tradition for them and as long as they get around to playing the game, they will overlook all the drama.

Just for the NFL alone, over 16 million people go to games. 70% of Americans say they are fans. A few of us on here and a few thousand around the country isn't going to impact professional sports one bit. It will take millions of fans walking away before they will consider what they are doing. And not just a million or so, but closer to 10 million would wake them up.

And that won't happen in America. :twocents:

Ratings are down across the board. Depending on where you look I see 16 to 30 % and I am thinking the NBA is really taking one up the back side which makes the mouse smile very large. Very large indeed.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch.:rockwoot:

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My ancestors fought for the Union to free slaves in the name of equality. I don't ask for reparations because that's the right thing to do. But if you insist on reparations, then I am likewise owed reparations for my ancestors contribution to freedom for those seeking relief from slavery and bigotry.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I never understood the allure of watching grown men running around playing kids games.

"Grown men" isn't the term I'd reach for when describing a lot of athletes.

OONUGEM6QBDS5K6OGZBE4ZHE3Y.jpg

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Posted this in the colts thread. I probably should have posted it here instead.
    It's not just a game anymore. This is big money that has the power to change our society for good or bad.
    I refuse to give any sports team my money or viewership if they disrespect my country, flag, veterans, police. Period.

And now with the BLM movement it is becoming deadly. They have blood on their hands. This is not a joke.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Posted this in the colts thread. I probably should have posted it here instead.
    It's not just a game anymore. This is big money that has the power to change our society for good or bad.
    I refuse to give any sports team my money or viewership if they disrespect my country, flag, veterans, police. Period.

And now with the BLM movement it is becoming deadly. They have blood on their hands. This is not a joke.

I've said it before, but I will say it again. Burn, loot, murder can take their slogan, cram it up their ass until it comes out their throat, and go straight to Hell.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I quit watching NFL when Colin Kaepernick took that first knee. I'm not much of a spectator of anything so it was a little easier than some to walk away.

There are people in this country (and on INGO) where watching sports is a big part of their life. They probably grew up watching them with their dad, then they watched with their friends and now they are watching with their children. It is a deeply seated tradition for them and as long as they get around to playing the game, they will overlook all the drama.

Just for the NFL alone, over 16 million people go to games. 70% of Americans say they are fans. A few of us on here and a few thousand around the country isn't going to impact professional sports one bit. It will take millions of fans walking away before they will consider what they are doing. And not just a million or so, but closer to 10 million would wake them up.

And that won't happen in America. :twocents:

Maybe not, The NBA ratings are down 40% when with the whole covid thing they should be up...

Top Bottom