Not open for further replies.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    to an :ingo: members child for Christmas.
    I have asked, and been granted permission from the site mods, and admin. to hold a "Giveaway".:yesway:
    I want to help introduce a youngster to the shooting sports. :draw:
    I will give away, free of charge*, a "Cricket" rifle made by Keystone.
    I will purchase the rifle, and do a FTF transfer in central Indiana (Lafayette area). If shipping is desired, I will pay for shipping to an FFL ONLY.
    *If FFL transfer is requested, I ask the winners guardian to pay the transfer fee. :dunno:
    I want to keep this SIMPLE.
    If you want to enter the giveaway, please enter the CHILD'S name, ONLY!
    PLEASE, no "my kid deserves it more because...".
    I want this to be a 100%+ positive experience for ALL involved.:twocents:
    I want this gift to be under the tree on Christmas morning, and I want to give ALL :ingo: members a chance to enter, so I'm going to start now.

Post ONLY your child's name, followed by the MOD's name of your choosing. This will help keep this thread easy to follow and organize.

I have yet to decide who will do the actual drawing. I made the offer to the mods and admin. to let one of them draw the winning name, but they made no mention of it in their reply, so how about doing it this way.
    After making your entry, please add the name of a moderator that you would like to see do the drawing. The mod with the most votes will, I hope, agree to "pull the winning name".
    If a mod wants to enter for their child, I would expect them to remove their name from the list of potential name pullers.
    I would like the winner to be drawn on 10 November, Marine Corps.:patriot: birthday. This should give ample time to facilitate all transfers, etc... and still have plenty of time to get it under the tree by Christmas morning.
    I would enjoy seeing a picture of the winning child holding their "prize", but this is NOT a requirement, just a request.
    It would NOT hurt my feelings if someone wanted to offer to supply some ammo to go with the rifle:D
    Mods, can you make this thread a "sticky", and maybe more members will get a chance to see it.
    Thanks folks, I have a GREAT time here, and I learn a lot!
    Update, Another Ingo member has generously offered a bulk-pack of ammo, AND a 1 year NRA membership! The pot grows!
    We now have TWO offers to supply ammo. 3 Bulk packs total, PLUS a years membership in the NRA:rockwoot:
    We're on a roll!:popcorn:
    UPDATE -Sunday 8-9-09
    This is growing huge!
    We now have:
    1 Cricket rifle- donated by Mgderf
    1 bulk pack ammo- donated by KA9NTZ
    2 Federal 550 bulk packs- donated by Jay
    5 Federal 550 bulk packs-donated by Crimson
    1 bulk pack + 1 year junior membership in the NRA-donated by Greg B. X 2 - 1 for each rifle
    Age-tailored instruction and range time Danville/Indy- donated by Kludge X2 - 1 for each
    Free FFL transfer in Fishers area- donated by Michiana
    Ingo shirt or hat- donated by Steve
    Keystone rifle case- donated by Woo and another by Mgderf
    1 set ear muffs- donated by Hc4sar X 2 (1 set for each rifle)
    shoot-n-see targets- donated by crimson
    NO AGE LIMIT AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED-guardian should determine age appropriateness
    Appleseed weekend for kid & parent-entrance, range fees, and ammo, PLUS a 10/22 for the parent to shoot- donated by Techres X 2! Since there are now two Crickets, this offer has been doubled!:yesway:
    1 case of clays- donated by Zoub
    1 set Uncle Marv's clay pigeon target holders- donated by Mgderf
    2 sets of safety glasses- Donated by Kludge
    UPDATE- It's official. This IS the rifle I will be donating
    Cricket 22lr Red/White/Blue Laminate (NEW IN BOX) : Single Shot at GunBroker.com
    Keystone Davey Cricket, Pink, Key Lock ,NEW : Single Shot at GunBroker.com
    UPDATE: I love :ingo:
    On top of everything listed above, other Ingo members have donated the funds to add a SECOND RIFLE! :rockwoot: We now have a rifle for a boy AND a girl! The rest of the donated prizes will be divided between the two recipients.
    :popcorn:

Last edited:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I'm gonna add a rule here. Post ONLY your child's name, followed by the MOD's name of your choosing. This will help keep this thread easy to follow and organize. Thanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom