• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    Well, I'm 16 and I'm going to Chicago in a couple of days for a concert. My issue is Chicago's laws. I know that I cannot have a knife over 2" since I'm under 18 and even then, it could only be 2.5". This concert is going to be at the Bulls' stadium, so there is bound to be some searching/metal detecting. Any ideas on what I should take with me? I have a Mossberg Tactical Pen (Not my first choice, but what else!) Any ideas on what I could take, that I could explain to stadium security without getting a cavity search in communist hell?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Well, I'm 16 and I'm going to Chicago in a couple of days for a concert. My issue is Chicago's laws. I know that I cannot have a knife over 2" since I'm under 18 and even then, it could only be 2.5". This concert is going to be at the Bulls' stadium, so there is bound to be some searching/metal detecting. Any ideas on what I should take with me? I have a Mossberg Tactical Pen (Not my first choice, but what else!) Any ideas on what I could take, that I could explain to stadium security without getting a cavity search in communist hell?
    Something scary, I had a pocket knife with me while I was in Chicago and I had no idea there were laws stating what length was or was not legal...

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I remember laughing and then frowning when I found out Chicago has the same knife limit laws as when I was in college. The entire city doesn't trust people to carry a knife longer than said length is like, a knife with an inch long blade is going to hurt you less than a knife with a 3 inch blade.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    What I've found to be a pretty good tool is my pocket flashlight. It's a Quark Tactical. It's got the strobe feature that is very bright, and you could also strike with it if need be although I'd rather get out of the situation. It would be pushing it to get one ordered and to you since the concert is "in a couple days," but maybe you could pick up something similar on the way up there. It's better than nothing and is disorienting when the strobe is in your face (trust me... haha). It's my comfort piece when I can't carry a gun or knife (aka sporting events, concerts, etc.)

rlmx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    This whole thread sucks. "No young man, you cannot carry anything to defend yourself from the criminals that carry anything they want." Imagine what our founding fathers would say to us if we could (magically) tell them that we have let things get this jacked up. Makes me want to shed a tear.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    What if I purchase a kitchen knife and bring it home with me......if it is over 2.5" i can get in trouble???

Yep, and you're not going to get a kitchen knife past security at the United Center most likely. I live about 30 minutes from Chicago and go downtown for concerts and sporting events often. I usually clip my knife on the outside of my boxers right behind my belt buckle. Once I get past security I just stick it back in my pocket. Never had a problem.

lww

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    West Lafayette
    What I've found to be a pretty good tool is my pocket flashlight. It's a Quark Tactical. It's got the strobe feature that is very bright, and you could also strike with it if need be although I'd rather get out of the situation. It would be pushing it to get one ordered and to you since the concert is "in a couple days," ...
    Amazon has many models of Quark Tactical lights available for overnight shipping.

scottka, what model do you carry?

--Bill

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana

I am sorry you are going to have to go to that cesspool of a State/City. I have an idea, why not just not spend a single penny of your hard earned cash in such a worthless town. Wait to go to the concert when the band is somewhere else you can go.

Gunner

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Amazon has many models of Quark Tactical lights available for overnight shipping.

scottka, what model do you carry?

--Bill

After much debate over which one to go with, I decided on the QT2L. It's the one with 2- CR123a batteries. Couldn't be happier. I was worried about the availability of the batteries, but I wanted the increased light output and battery life with the smaller size. I also ended up just buying a pack of batteries at the same time, so I didn't have to worry about finding or paying high prices later. Still haven't gotten past my first set though, and I play with it quite a bit. I bought mine from LED Warehouse which is an INGO supporter and has an INGO discount as well. Check out their website. Oh, another thing is that the new QTL2s also come with the Gen2 LED which they claim puts out 20% more lumens than the specs currently represent. The specs show 230 for the Gen 1, so that's 270+ for the newer LED. Highly recommended.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    Honestly what band are you going to Chicago to see? Are they on a short tour or just a local band? I love music just as much as the next guy and I help my friends run an all ages venue in Indianapolis but I don't think it's worth my life. Certainly you don't want to give more money to a state that ignores your rights.

Hexa-Tula

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2010
    Bluffton
    The band is Muse, and the last time they were around was in 2010. If it were a local band, I wouldn't even consider going.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    When I was 16 years old there was no way in hell my parents would let me go to Chicago for a concert! Yes, when I was 16, I was still living at home so I was living by their rules.

I could go on a rant but I won't. My advise to you is don't go to Chicago unless you go with some responsible adults who know something about that cesspool.

__Doc_

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Henry Co
    I went to Chicago a few days ago. What a **** hole. Glad to be back on US soil.
    Didn't know they had a knife law, SORRY NOT SORRY.

Top Bottom