• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Wow. Didn't realize they did such things still..
    I don't think anybody younger than 25-30 would know about it. But I think it's ironic that he was vaccinated. That makes the 2nd kid I know that was vaccinated who got it.

I'm waiting for the disease police to tell me I have to lock him up.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I still remember having chicken pox run rampant through the school when I was a kid. Now I'm just waiting for my turn with shingles.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So you're kid can intentionally get chicken pox?

Yes. Actually, so other kids who's parents are so inclined can get it. (she is offering it up to other kids)

If you get it when you are young, the symptoms and severity are exponentially less than when you get it older in life.

Plus, if you get vaccinated, you can still get it. If you actually get it as a kid, its much more unlikely (almost impossible) that you can catch it a second time.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Had it in 8th grade. That was like a second spring break, and the backdoor neighbors' daughter was home; she was really into sunbathing :@ya:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I hated getting chicken pox when I was a kid! All my kids got it before they got the vaccine. We got it out of the way I guess. I can remember mom mom making my brother sleep in the bed with me so he'd get it out of the way too. As someone else mentioned, I am waiting for shingles too :-( I have had 2 cousins and a buddy get it this last winter. I guess it really sucks!!

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I hated getting chicken pox when I was a kid! All my kids got it before they got the vaccine. We got it out of the way I guess. I can remember mom mom making my brother sleep in the bed with me so he'd get it out of the way too. As someone else mentioned, I am waiting for shingles too :-( I have had 2 cousins and a buddy get it this last winter. I guess it really sucks!!

My experience with shingles:

Went back to Germany with the guard in 99. Toward the end of the field exorcise, I noticed blisters on my stomach and back. Thinking I got into some old WWII stuff, I went to sick call. The medic told me I had herpes and left me hanging wondering how I was going to explain that to the wife. Finally the PA came by and explained what it was. He got a kick out of my relief and asked if he could take a pic for his screen saver. While it was blistered, it didn't hurt. When it was drying, it hurt like hell.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    My experience with shingles:

Went back to Germany with the guard in 99. Toward the end of the field exorcise, I noticed blisters on my stomach and back. Thinking I got into some old WWII stuff, I went to sick call. The medic told me I had herpes and left me hanging wondering how I was going to explain that to the wife. Finally the PA came by and explained what it was. He got a kick out of my relief and asked if he could take a pic for his screen saver. While it was blistered, it didn't hurt. When it was drying, it hurt like hell.

Yick. Hopefully I will skip the shingles phase. They do have a vaccine for it now. maybe I should get it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Yick. Hopefully I will skip the shingles phase. They do have a vaccine for it now. maybe I should get it.
    I've seen a sign outside the Walgreen's store stating they had it available. Since I had chicken pox as a kid, I've considered getting that shingles vaccine -- I wonder if it works.

Top Bottom