• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Bud's has black and FDE 16.5" and 18" Tavors in stock for just over $1,700 with "make offer" and "ships free." I just laid away an 18" FDE for $1,657, which I think is about as good a deal as there is out there right now. I have a new Aimpoint PRO waiting for this and I'm really looking forward to getting my grubby little paws on it.

Tavor-TSFD18.jpg

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I finally paid off my lay-away balance so my Tavor will be at my FFL in a few days. I still haven't chosen an optic (trying to decide between RDS or low-power telescopic, wish I hadn't sold that Aimpoint PRO). As soon as I get it, it's back to IWI USA for left-hand conversion.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    Moves the charging handle to the right side, change out the bolt and carrier group, move ejection port cover + saftey to other side, and *Bam* Southpaw-Tavor.

Page 43 and 44 in their most excellent manual.

I just got a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 from AAoptics and like it quite a bit. Just make sure to get a bit higher of a mount/rings for it on a Tavor.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Moves the charging handle to the right side, change out the bolt and carrier group, move ejection port cover + saftey to other side, and *Bam* Southpaw-Tavor.

Page 43 and 44 in their most excellent manual.

I just got a Vortex Viper PST 1-4 from AAoptics and like it quite a bit. Just make sure to get a bit higher of a mount/rings for it on a Tavor.

Any mount/rings designed for a flattop AR are proper for co-witness on the Tavor with the folding BUIS.

EDIT: More concisely, AR 1/3 lower co-witness mounts provide absolute co-witness on the Tavor. The BUIS centerline are 1.565" above the top of the rail if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I snagged an as-new Vortex Viper 1-4 x 24 TMCQ with tactical turrets off the classifieds for $380 :rockwoot:and I'm using this mount:

LaRue Tactical OBR QD Scope Mount, LT111 | LaRue Tactical

I'm going to do all the left-hand conversion stuff except the bolt and ejection port cover, then send it off to IWI for the bolt and headspacing. All they will have to do is install the left hand bolt and swap the brass deflector/frame and ejection port cover and presto, Southpaw Tavor.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This is my Tavor. There are many like it but this one is mine. Oh yes, this one is mine...

IMG_20140912_181441.jpg

IMG_20140912_181655.jpg

I will be sending her off to IWI for the left-hand conversion next week while I procure a mount for my Vortex Viper PST 1-4 x 24. The LaRue arriving Monday might not be the ideal choice. And I'm leaving the entire LH conversion to IWI because I do not have the barrel removal tool. They ship one of these (along with the right-hand bolt) back with the converted rifle.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom