• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XWARPATHX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    NWI
    Have had mine in black for a couple months now. Have not had much of a chance to shoot it other than at a range table at a paper target. Still waiting to conjure up some more dough to buy it some sweet accessories! Soon.... sooon.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I picked one up yesterday. So far, I really like it. When pulled into the shoulder, the front end feels like it weighs next to nothing, making it feel like you could shoot it one handed. Ergonomics are great, actually much better than I anticipated. I thought the mag release would be in the way due to my oversized ape hands, but I really like its location. After taking it apart (can't help it, love seeing how things work), it appears to be very well made and robust. My only complaint so far is the mushy bull-puppyish trigger, which I anticipated going into it. I definitely see a replacement in this rifles future. Wish I could afford the Meprolight MORS sight, but that's going to take a back burner for a while. I love how there's an integrated spot for the switch on the forearm, very slick.

strokin7.3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    Hancock County
    I picked one up yesterday. So far, I really like it. When pulled into the shoulder, the front end feels like it weighs next to nothing, making it feel like you could shoot it one handed. Ergonomics are great, actually much better than I anticipated. I thought the mag release would be in the way due to my oversized ape hands, but I really like its location. After taking it apart (can't help it, love seeing how things work), it appears to be very well made and robust. My only complaint so far is the mushy bull-puppyish trigger, which I anticipated going into it. I definitely see a replacement in this rifles future. Wish I could afford the Meprolight MORS sight, but that's going to take a back burner for a while. I love how there's an integrated spot for the switch on the forearm, very slick.

You can shoot it one handed. I've made one handed two hundred yard shots with mine. Not much effort involved in it either

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mine is at IWI right now being converted to Southpaw. I have a Magpul MS1 sling (pictured above) and some Lancer L5 AWM 30-rounders in translucent smoke waiting. I can't decide between an RDS and a low-power (1-4x) scope; I've bought and re-sold both already. A 9mm kit is on my short list, too.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Since Cary is still in exile for a week, I'll steal his thunder...

We got our Tavors back today. Took just over two weeks total, including shipping both ways, to get them left-hand converted. Cary put a Comp M4s on his and took it straight to Parabellum tonight (nice folks in there). It ran perfectly and he shot a sub-2 MOA (about 3/8") 3-shot group (25yds, elbows on the bench) which I thougt was pretty good the first day with that stiff trigger. He said he'd certainly be more accurate right away with an upgraded trigger pack, but he's sticking with the factory parts considering the rifle's intended use.

Very good first experience with the Tavor--left us both high-fiving with huge grins on our faces.

XWARPATHX

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2013
    NWI
    Gonna pick up a sling for mine soon. Also need a good optic. I think the Mepro 21 looks the best on them. But I am also liking the Vortex strikfires as well.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Gonna pick up a sling for mine soon. Also need a good optic. I think the Mepro 21 looks the best on them. But I am also liking the Vortex strikfires as well.

You might want to consider this optic. It was just released here in the US a few weeks ago. Made in Israel to go with the Tavor. Very large viewing window. Nice crisp dot. It is battery operated but it has an auto shut off and a motion sensor to turn it back on at the slightest motion. I already had the MSE-ACQ optic which is very similar but you can't get those anymore so I picked up this new optic to replace it or maybe use on another rifle.

IDF Holsters - Product Detail - Mepro Tru-Dot® RDS Red Dot Sight with 1.8 MOA red dot - $399.00

This shows the TruDot (right) next to the MSE already on my Tavor
    TruDotandMSESide1_zps7d30024e.jpg

A couple more pics showing next to a Primary Arm Aimpoint clone and an EOTech
    TruDotandT1Rear_zpsaedee95b.jpg

TruDotandT1Side_zps22d63a1a.jpg

TruDotandEOTech_zps0b98dcae.jpg

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    18" barrel version doesn't come in left hand, and 16" barrel version comes only in black in left hand. Couldn't find any of those when ready to buy. We also now have the bolts to go back to right hand.

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've been to Parabellum twice with mine and I have run 70 rounds of cheap Federal 55 grain .223 through it with no problems. I'm shooting 1" groups at 25 yards off the bench with it using an Aimpoint Comp M4s. It's a real pleasure to have a true left-handed rifle, especially one with ergonomics as good as the Tavor's.

EDIT: Yes the trigger is heavy but not creepy or mushy to me. The break and reset are clean and consistent.

Last edited:

Gman75

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Boone County
    I have a 9mm conversion kit installed on my tavor. If anybody wants to try it out just bring some ammo and let me know where you want to shoot.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    Here's a quick video of Cary shooting the Tavor offhand for the first time ever at Parabellum:

[video=youtube_share;5T6uq_sDjWA]http://youtu.be/5T6uq_sDjWA[/video]

Last edited:

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    This was the very first group I shot (3 rounds) with my new Tavor. 25 yards with an Aimpoint CompM4s, elbows on bench:

IMG_20141016_195640.jpg

And here's a few targets later after turning the dials a bit:

IMG_20141016_195706.jpg

I'm actually thinking about getting a pair of 10-round magazines and shooting some Appleseed AQTs to see what I can to with it. The rifle really is stable when using the IDF "six points of contact".

EDIT: 160 total rounds so far, no issues. After dialing in the red dot, I had to move my front sight about 2/3 to the right of its available travel to co-witness. I've heard some stories about other Tavors being even worse than this, using all of their available travel to line up the irons. I'm going to tear the rifle down completely (just for the educational experience) and see if the front sight is still off. If so I might take it up with IWI.

Last edited:

sensor5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    Well, I got my Tavor off of layaway this week and I am loving it. My only issue is I have to really force my cheek on the stock to see straight through my XPS2 EoTech. I moved the sight far forward (right behind the front sight)
    and it is much better, but I may end up buying a Gear Head Razorback rail. I am on the fence on spending $350 for a crisper trigger.

magus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2014
    Central IN
    The GH rail is very nice. It has holes you can mount his USA side-rails on for 45deg BUS and other goodies.

The stock Tavor trigger is heavy, but capable. The trigger mod makes it less heavy. The aftermarkets make the trigger amazing. $350 worth of amazing? I dunno, I like it quite a lot. :)

Top Bottom