• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    My wife decided that she might as well get involved in shooting with myself and the 2 boys being in it. She now has her permit to carry, is a member in the NRA and is the Johnson County Chairperson for the Friends of NRA program.
    Young women seem to be getting more and more interested in the shooting sports field. We here in Johnson County have noticed a rise in the youth members in the Johnson County 4H Shooting Sports program. In 2008 we had nearly 90 total members with 40% of that being young ladies and they are as good as the young men.:patriot:

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    When I was a youngster I had my own little 4H Shooting Program - it was the only thing I could do because I couldn't sew and I didn't own livestock..

I can fondly remember a young lady named Mandy who was, flat out, the best shot in the group. She didn't shoot often, like a lot of the boys did, but she'd come over with this raggedy old 12 guage shotgun and a box of deer slugs after we'd hounded her for a while. She'd put the whole box through the target and then ask us how much more she'd have to practice, because if this target were the side of a deer she'd already be dressing it by now..

I wonder whatever happened to her..

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    The gal I'm dating now is great, wants to shoot, has a pellet rifle she adores. I have a feeling if things work out, I will never see my 100th Anniversary Marlin Model 80 .22 anymore!! Only problem is her brothers shoot sometimes, and their idea of safety is, well, **** poor. She is into safety, so I am going to take her out to a proper shooting environment, maybe sign her up for an NRA class if she likes.

rw02kr43

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Paragon
    wife

my wife is pretty good about it too. I don't have a gun yet. But I want to get one in the near future. She wants to learn to shoot too and maybe get one of her own sometime. Her only problem she has with it is where to keep it. Our place is very very small and we need all the free space we can get. I'm kinda surprised how willing she is about it cause of her political views and her job. I would think she would be totally against it.

Jason

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    Jason, I don't know what kind of firearm you're thinking about, but there are plenty of storage options. Obviously the smaller the firearm the easier it is to store, but there are even small rifle safes out there nowadays..

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    My wife is also into shooting at the local range with me when she can. She applyed and received here carry permit last year. She doesn't carry it as often as she should but we'll work on that. I put a Sig P226 in her hand and look out. She's awesome on the target with it. I'm glad my better half enjoys some of the same things I do.

I've actually gotten strange looks from other guys at the range like "why would you bring her with you" All I have to say is that is awfully short sighted and they don't know what their missing.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Think I have every male in the world topped hands down with my "grumpe"(lori). I started her shooting 5 years ago with a mosin. She now owns more guns than I do! And has never once said no when I wanted something lol. She buys an absolute ton of ammo(umm maybe double what I do lol). This week as a kind of christmas present to ourselves SHE paid for two SLR-107ur's and 1700 rounds of ammo...and a few extra mags(it was also part of a trade I had with David from 21 century firearms...but my trade was only 600 so she forked over 2k). At the last 1500 gun and knife show the ammo dealer in the far room(to the right of the doors) was standing in amazment as she argued with me to let her pay for the ammo...he said"damn you have to be the luckiest man on earth" lol.She is not only pretty to look at but her shoot patern is very good as well :faint:
    Yes I feel very lucky:D

Top Bottom