• Status
    Not open for further replies.

woody24

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Westfield
    Hey Guys! So I've been living in Indiana now for over just about 3 years now. Originally from Illinois. I've lived in Ohio, Michigan, back to Illinois, and have now landed in Indy. So if anything, I'm still calling myself an Illini. ;)

Just thought I'd introduce myself, tell you what I have.

I just bought my first pistol a few months back. I got a Beretta 96A1. Its the first pistol I've even really shot too. But I grew up on a farm in Illinois, so I have shot a lot of shot guns. Have been quail hunting quite a bit too. And I've reticently found out, that I'm a much better shot with a shotgun than my pistol. Sights lined up perfectly, and my Beretta shoots low right. But I know its just me, because my sister, who's never shot a pistol before, was getting closer to center than I was. ;)

But while I'm in here talking about pistols. Now that I'm out of Illinois, I figured I would go ahead an get my conceal carry permit. Not that I think I'll even carry a gun on me, I just want it for that "just in case" senereo. And to also tell all my friends back home that I can carry a gun on me.

Again. I grew up with a dad who taught me to respect weapons. So I do not want this permit just so I can feel Bad. I want it because Indiana says I can have one.

But my question is, I was looking at the online registration form, and not exactly sure what I want to check. I see there are these options:

• 4 Yr Hunt/Target $5 State Fee/$10 Local Agency Fee 4 Yr
    • Pers Protect $30 State Fee/$10 Local Agency Fee
    • Dealer's Personal Protection Permit - Fee Exempt Life
    • Hunt/Target no Current Lic $25 State/$50 Local Fee Life
    • Hunt/Target w/ Current Lic $20 State/$40 Local Fee Life
    • Pers Protect no Current License $75 State/$50 Local Life
    • Pers Protect w/ Current License $60 State/$40 Local
    • Retired Corrections Officer - Fee Exempt
    • Retired Police Officer - Fee Exempt
    Obviously I'm not a retired officer, or dealer. But not sure what it means w/current license, and w/o current license. I thought thats what I was signing up for, because I don't have one. Also, whats the difference between Hunting and Personal Protection? Is hunting just transportation in a vehicle? And Personal Protection able to carry on you? What if you want both?

Sorry if this has already been answered, just point me in the right direction and I'll be on my way. I did a little searching, but didn't really see what I was looking for.

Thanks Everybody. Looking forward to learning a little more about the Indiana gun laws.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    But I know its just me, because my sister, who's never shot a pistol before, was getting closer to center than I was.
    females are scientifically "able" to be a better shot , yeh i know im not happy about it either

But while I'm in here talking about pistols. Now that I'm out of Illinois, I figured I would go ahead an get my conceal carry permit. Not that I think I'll even carry a gun on me, I just want it for that "just in case" senereo. And to also tell all my friends back home that I can carry a gun on me.
    not a conceal carry in IN, you are welcome to carry as you choose

Again. I grew up with a dad who taught me to respect weapons. So I do not want this permit just so I can feel Bad. I want it because Indiana says I can have one.
    kudos

But my question is, I was looking at the online registration form, and not exactly sure what I want to check. I see there are these options:

that one is the one you want (assuming you want lifetime, but why not ?)

Obviously I'm not a retired officer, or dealer. But not sure what it means w/current license, and w/o current license. I thought thats what I was signing up for, because I don't have one. Also, whats the difference between Hunting and Personal Protection? Is hunting just transportation in a vehicle? And Personal Protection able to carry on you? What if you want both?
    you dont use your personal protection to hunt :D

Sorry if this has already been answered, just point me in the right direction and I'll be on my way. I did a little searching, but didn't really see what I was looking for.
    check out the search option , lots and lots of info on this

Thanks Everybody. Looking forward to learning a little more about the Indiana gun laws.
    kudos again

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    :welcome: to :ingo:

We typically don't care if you're a Hoosier or not. We are an equal opportunty offensive group..

Have fun and behave yourself here.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I'm not a natural born Hoosier either, but have lived here longer than anywhere else...welcome to INGO! I agree with the other guys--get the lifetime personnal protection LTCH. No sense having to to re-up every 4years if you don't have to.

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    But I know its just me, because my sister, who's never shot a pistol before, was getting closer to center than I was.
    females are scientifically "able" to be a better shot , yeh i know im not happy about it either

not a conceal carry in IN, you are welcome to carry as you choose

kudos

that one is the one you want (assuming you want lifetime, but why not ?)

you dont use your personal protection to hunt :D

Sorry, but "YES YOU DO", you can't carry or hunt with a handgun without having a LTCH, and the Pers Protect will allow you to do either.

check out the search option , lots and lots of info on this

kudos again

You have to have an LTCH to hunt with a handgun, or carry one while hunting, and the Personal Protection will allow you to do that.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Nobody mentioned it yet. I'm surprised.
    It is a LTCH
    License To Carry Handgun. (some on INGO just say Larry for short).

The reason we don't call it a CCW, or concealed carry permit is......
    You can OC (Open Carry)
    or CC (Concealed Carry).

That's right. Indiana doesn't specify.
    As long as you have your LTCH, you're covered.

And you have to stay out of certain areas. Schools, Day Cares, etc.

study and learn
    Don't rely on the police for a wealth of info.
    Most members on this sight know the gun laws better than the police.

If someone tells you what they think the law is, ask for the IC, or Indiana Code. Even on here.
    A lot of people will tell you stuff based on what they see on TV.
    If you get the IC, you can look at it yourself. Always check, cause you're basing your freedom on it.

And, welcome to Indiana.,
    Welcome to INGO

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    As many have already stated, get the lifetime personal protection. Even if 10 years from you move away, it wil only go "inactive" and can be reinstated if/when you return. An Indiana LTCH will also allow you to carry you handgun in some other states as well (check out the 'Sticky' threads in Carry Issues forum for more info)

Welcome to INGO and for goodness sake, stop calling yourself Illini! :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom