• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strong89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    earlier in the year i bought me a stevens .22 semiauto rifle. it has an older look to it which i love and its surprisingly accurate... 5 a day sounds like a fun time ahead...

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I had a stevens auti growning up. Had a plastic stock and was tube fed. Was a real hoot to shoot.

I wait till the weather cools before I head out to kill tree rats.

I believe this year will be mainly a pistol hunting year. I will wait till snow before I break out the marlin 39a. By then the easy ones will already be taken.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I'm ready too, bought two .22's for this season actually, a Westernfield and a Marlin, both bolt guns - tube fed. Though I won't be breaking a rifle out until the leaves fall off a bit. .410 until then. Now if I could just get around this stupid work that keeps me out of the woods...

Mad Dog

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    White Co.
    I'm taking opening day off work and going hunting. The weather is going to be beautiful and cool. Where I've been looking, the oaks and hickories are full of nuts. It should be a good year. I'll be taking my little H&R Sportster .22. I love that little single shot.

Mad Dog

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Why do you all wait for the rifle???
    Newbie hunter here...

Thick leaves and ground cover make for a difficult shot placement. Many guys will start out with a shotgun early in the season and switch to a rifle when the longer shots start opening up.

I have been debating about whether or not this will be a hunting year for me- I am leaning towards yes!

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    Thick leaves and ground cover make for a difficult shot placement. Many guys will start out with a shotgun early in the season and switch to a rifle when the longer shots start opening up.

I have been debating about whether or not this will be a hunting year for me- I am leaning towards yes!
    same deal for me i use 410 then my 22 when it opens up.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    same deal for me i use 410 then my 22 when it opens up.

Me too ( but 16 gauge). But I am going to try to get out to check the zero on my rifle today anyway. I haven't had a chance to shoot much lately so I'll also spend some time shooting from various positions.
    I just looked at the calendar. Two days from now I'll be in the woods. I better be finding my mosquito repellant and sharpening my pocket knife.

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    I will be taking out my Westpoint(Stevens) 20ga/.22 OU early season. It's my time to sharpen my woodsmanship skills, scout deer spots and put some meat in the freezer.

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I'd like to try it this year. Any suggestions locations near by. I'm thinking Wilber Wright or Atterbery. This would be my first time ou t.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    I'd like to try it this year. Any suggestions locations near by. I'm thinking Wilber Wright or Atterbery. This would be my first time ou t.

I'm from up by Anderson, I figure on hitting Wilbur Wright mostly myself. I walked it twice last year. I'd say stay away from the... S-E side, I think, as I was told it's pretty boggy. Hit the first area past the shooting range towards winter, it's pine groves (think wind break, cover). Early you're looking more for the nut tree's - beech, oak , hickory, walnut. Go slow and watch both limbs and for ground movement, the lil guys digging through brush for dropped morsels.

Top Bottom