• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    You panic ridden folk do know that the odds of crossing paths with poisonous snakes in Indiana is real slim don't you?
    Whoa there! You're using the same reasoning that anti gun folks use on us. "You panic ridden folk do know that the odds of ever needing a gun to defend yourself is real slim, don't you?"

So if the chances of poisonous snake bite is slim why carry snake shot? If the chances of needing a firearm to defend yourself is slim why carry a gun.:n00b:

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I hope I get an invitation to the wedding. I can't wait to hear the exchange of vows: "Do you, Madine85, take BlueEagle for your lawful wedded gun nut husband, to have....." Sniff. I get all sentimental thinking about it.:crying:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    They make snake shots for 45 acp...never really understood the point, a 12ga should do much better

Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    I hope I get an invitation to the wedding. I can't wait to hear the exchange of vows: "Do you, Madine85, take BlueEagle for your lawful wedded gun nut husband, to have....." Sniff. I get all sentimental thinking about it.:crying:

Our wedding vows are awesome. We are going to have a Viking wedding ceremony, and I'll give BlueEagle a sword and he will swear himself to me as my protector. He in turn gives me a key, and I'll promise to keep a happy home and hearth.

Basically its the nerdiest wedding ever.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    They make snake shots for 45 acp...never really understood the point, a 12ga should do much better

But I had a helluva time trying to stick a 12 gauge in my pocket to go out and check fences, or move some hay bales. And its available in most common calibers; I've seen it in 38, 357, 44, 40, 45, 9mm, and several others.

Plus, I have a .357, and she has a .38; so if we buy .38 snake shot, we can both use it. Simplifies the ammo stocking conundrum.

Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    BlueEagle has informed me he will carry during the ceremony, I'm debating buying a garter with a gun holster.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Whoa there! You're using the same reasoning that anti gun folks use on us. "You panic ridden folk do know that the odds of ever needing a gun to defend yourself is real slim, don't you?"

So if the chances of poisonous snake bite is slim why carry snake shot? If the chances of needing a firearm to defend yourself is slim why carry a gun.:n00b:

I also posted that using a handgun to dispatch "scary" people is ill advised.

Killing a poisonous snake because it "scares" you makes about as much sense.

Of course I catch and handle them so I have never experienced this "knee jerk" reaction and desire to cease the life of a relatively harmless critter.

Some folks should just never wander in the woods. Concrete is much safer for them.

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    The wedding sounds awesome. I had hopes that if I ever got married again, It would be something like yours.

As to the snake shot. I can completely agree about poisonous snakes posing possible problems. I have handled snakes since I was a kid, and while most vipers will avoid you because of your size that is no guarantee that they will always avoid you. So it's good to be prepared just in case.

As to the pots and pans you mentioned I would agree with Jet girl that stainless steel is a much better choice. I have read many articles over the years in journals relating aluminum build up in the brain with Alzheimers or related issues. However if you have a gas stove, I would instead suggest cast iron. Much healthier and when properly cured require very minimal maintenance. A completely cured cast iron pan or pot can be wiped out with a damp rag and then using a tiny amount of cooking oil on a paper towel to re coat the pot or pan is all that is needed. Also using cast iron will insure that you get all the recommended iron you'll ever need just by cooking in it.

My best wishes to the both of you and let us know how the offer went on the property. Sounds like a dream come true and I hope that it does.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    Well they already accepted our offer, and so we're just waiting on an inspection now. :D Can't wait to have my own range on my own 34 acres...
    Hey, BlueEagle, let's not be waiting 'till the last minute to invite the entire INGO family over for a house warming and shooting party. How about asking everyone to bring one cross tie? Pretty soon you'll have all the stuff you need for a range. Our Summer is still pretty well open so you can start looking for a good date. You shouldn't have any trouble accommodating 21,000 people's schedules.:n00b:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Hey, BlueEagle, let's not be waiting 'till the last minute to invite the entire INGO family over for a house warming and shooting party. How about asking everyone to bring one cross tie? Pretty soon you'll have all the stuff you need for a range. Our Summer is still pretty well open so you can start looking for a good date. You shouldn't have any trouble accommodating 21,000 people's schedules.:n00b:

I'll see what I can do about that. No promises, though. Its a busy year, between buying a house, getting married, me getting my Bachelors, the honeymoon....we have a lot going on, might not be able to throw a huge party quite yet. :laugh:

Madine85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Yep. All my pots and pans are surgical grade stainless steel. All my skillets and griddles are cast iron. Good call.

I love a good cast iron pan. My grandmother taught me to clean and care for one before I was allowed to cook on it.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    But I had a helluva time trying to stick a 12 gauge in my pocket to go out and check fences, or move some hay bales. And its available in most common calibers; I've seen it in 38, 357, 44, 40, 45, 9mm, and several others.

Plus, I have a .357, and she has a .38; so if we buy .38 snake shot, we can both use it. Simplifies the ammo stocking conundrum.

super_shorty_870.jpg

Top Bottom