Im sure its been beat to death but LEGION worth it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    on the m11a1 vs. the 229 legion

I own a m11a1, it's one of my favorite sigs (own 6) most days I toss a coin between carrying a p320 or my m11, I let my friend shoot my m11, and he bought one, a few months later he bought a 229 legion, I told him, next time we're at the range, I want to shoot his legion

well I did and I loved it, and I want a legion(thinking either a 226 sao or a 220 sao, 45 legions are hitting shelves this year!) as for the controls, they are the same as what come on the 224

Sig Sauer Decocking Lever - P224 - $12.95 - Top Gun Supply

Sig Sauer Slide Catch Lever - P224, P229CA, LEGION - $26.95 - Top Gun Supply

I'm thinking about putting the 224 controls on my m11, it already has night sights, I'm not a huge fan of the g10 grips (I use Hogue rugger grips) my m11 is dark earth, so im not going to undercut the frame, so for 40.00 I can have a poor mans legion (I'm not going to drop 325.00 for the grayguns trigger kit!)

so my opinion on the op's question, the 229 legion vs the 226 sao......carry the 226, and if it gets too heavy, or you think its too bulky, then id drop another 1100 on a new gun, but if it were me...I'd keep the 226 sao! I doubt you'll notice a weight difference

as for the srt trigger...well worth it! 4 of my sigs don't have it, and I'm thinking about converting them to it!

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    to clarify i have no desire to sale the 226 SAO its being kept lol. Im considering dropping the coin to add a 229 legion. I tried to buy both when i bought the 226 but they were out of stock. Having trouble finding a 229 legion thats not overpriced. So considering alternatives.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If you price out all of the improvements/upgrades on the Legions, the pricing is higher than what they sell for. The only question is what of the upgrades are important to you. If you wouldn't want any of them, then obviously, it would be dumb to buy one. Those are questions each person has to answer for themselves. I like most of the features. After shooting the SRT in my M11A1, I really want it in all my other Sigs. I like the sights. I like the grips. The finish, meh.

rennocneb

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Lawrence County
    It is the finish that actaully makes me want a normal 229. I really do not care for the legion finish at all. The triggers quite honestly are not that good. If they are standard sig triggers must be terrible. SRT vs legion trigger honestly i dont think anyone would notice the difference. Now the SAO thats different.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    This is making me want a Legion....kind of torn. I actually really like everything about them but I want a threaded barrel.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    It is the finish that actaully makes me want a normal 229. I really do not care for the legion finish at all. The triggers quite honestly are not that good. If they are standard sig triggers must be terrible. SRT vs legion trigger honestly i dont think anyone would notice the difference. Now the SAO thats different.

I notice the difference. Every time I shoot my 226s. But ok.

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    I have a P229 Extreme which I think gets me halfway close enough to a Legion to make me want to keep it. The beavertail, cross cut serrations, undercut trigger guard, and the finish are the things I can't change for a Legion upgrade, the rest it already has or it can be had. Oh yeah, the Legion grips I guess can't be had ...yet anyway. The the G10 checkered grips are close.

bulldogs42

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Indianapolis
    The Legion is on my list of guns to buy. The dilemma is SAO or DA/SA. I don't think any local gun ranges near Indy have any to try out. It would be nice to personally try each to examine the difference. Since I can't do that I'll look for advice between the two.

bulldogs42

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Although I really like what the Legion has to offer, I have hard time making the purchase knowing that I could get a couple guns for the $1200 of one Legion. Two Glocks or one Legion. Decisions. Decisions.

Vendetta

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Lafayette
    Although I really like what the Legion has to offer, I have hard time making the purchase knowing that I could get a couple guns for the $1200 of one Legion. Two Glocks or one Legion. Decisions. Decisions.

Paid $1000 bnib for mine. I see that price pretty regularly with a little looking. All day would pick another Legion over 2 $500 guns. But there arent any $500 range guns that interest me anymore. Ymmv.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    The Legion is on my list of guns to buy. The dilemma is SAO or DA/SA. I don't think any local gun ranges near Indy have any to try out. It would be nice to personally try each to examine the difference. Since I can't do that I'll look for advice between the two.

Point Blank range in Greenwood had the P226 SAO and the P229 Legions for rent. I don't know if they still do, but they did not long ago. I would imagine the Carmel location has them as well, though you'd be best off calling both ranges to verify.

To me, there is no comparison. Two Glocks that are okay for what they are, or a gun that is as close to perfect as I've ever shot. I have the SAO and it's a fantastic gun and very worth the price, to me. You have to decide for yourself if you find the gun worth the price. BTW, there's a GunBroker listing for $1165 with free shipping:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/610511807

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

ok how about this comparison (it's going to p!$$ off the glock lovers)

how about 2 ford mustangs(both 6 cylinders) vs 1 Shelby super snake?, cause that's what you are comparing when you say glock vs legion, dropping 1000 on 2 stock glocks vs. 1000 on a supercharged, bad a$$, finely tuned carry gun

the hardest part of the 2 glock vs 1 legion argument would be, wait for the 220sao legion, or go ahead and buy a 226sao legion?

and yes, I do own a glock 19

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    ok how about this comparison (it's going to p!$$ off the glock lovers)

how about 2 ford mustangs(both 6 cylinders) vs 1 Shelby super snake?, cause that's what you are comparing when you say glock vs legion, dropping 1000 on 2 stock glocks vs. 1000 on a supercharged, bad a$$, finely tuned carry gun

the hardest part of the 2 glock vs 1 legion argument would be, wait for the 220sao legion, or go ahead and buy a 226sao legion?

and yes, I do own a glock 19

Screw the gun talk, where can I get a Super Snake for twice the price of a Mustang V6?

Top Bottom