• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I've been looking for an all metal DA/SA in 9mm. My requirements are compact/subcompact for carry, DA/SA, De-cocker, all metal, CZ style slide rails, and in 9mm (since all my other guns are in 9mm.) I haven't been able to handle a CZ P01 or a CZ 75 Compact, but that's what I've been saving my 's for.

Well until last night, I took my wife on a date night to Oaken Barrel in Greenwood. After an awesome dinner she wanted to go by Gander Mt. to look at a jacket. So I decided I'd go back and look to see if they had anything worth looking at. I asked the sales person if they had any CZ's. He said they had 2 and let me handle a P07 & 97B. I'm not looking for polymer so the P01 was nice but not what I wanted. So I asked to see the 97B. The 97B felt solid, but very bulky and did not fit my hand very well. I asked if they had anything else that fit the profile of what I wanted. The sales guy smiled and handed me a Magnum Research Baby Eagle II 9mm Compact he said they just came out. This thing fit my hand like a glove. It seems thiner then my Glock. (After doing some research this morning I found out it was.)

The Baby Eagle II 9mm felt like it was build extremely well. I believe everything on the gun is metal, including the safety. I don't remember seeing anything plastic other then the grips. The only thing I didn't like was that the De-cocker is located on the slide, but that is not a deal breaker. I like the simplicity of the design, the lines are extremely nice. The salesman said it was introduced in the spring of this year. He said its the same gun as original baby eagle, but just imported by a new company. They had it listed for $547 and Buds has it for $511. I didn't buy it as I wanted to do some research on it first, but it seems like a solid well build gun. It fits all the things I was looking for. I wanted to see if anyone owned one, shot one, or had any experience with them. I wanted to know about how the finish holds up, reliability of the gun, inherent accuracy, and general opinions.

Top Bottom