• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I just drive a vehicle that doesn't like to speed. Been pulled over 2 times, both enroute to the F.D. Both were forgiven. But both were in a vehicle that liked to speed. So I bought a vehicle that strains to go over 70. That way it feels like I am going faster than I really am at 50. Havn't been pulled over since. Alot of cops I know when they find out you are a firefighter will write you because they excpect you to know better. Especially if you ask them for leniancy(sp).
    One of those times my Batt. chief knew about it before I had a chance to talk to him. He understood, but let me know in a way that I won't do it again. I just figure it ain't worth it.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Ok guys after rereading my orignal post, I see where some may have thought I was asking for help here. Not the case. This is me venting as today was the first time I had to post about it.

I didn't ask him (the writing officer)for anything. I actually only said a couple of words to him.

Second I am not asking for anyone here to take care of it.

I know better than to speed but there has been for a long time scratch my back I'll scratch your thing amongst me and some guys I know on the force. It is no different than if Joe Public has a buddy that is a cop and asked him to take care of it. No different than a lawyer being buddies with a guy and getting him out of stuff.

All I was asking for here was a determination if I can fight this as he has two key pieces of my info wrong, and he misread them because they are right on my license. If I can't fight it because of the bad info and if my buddy is correct in what he told me today then I will pay the ticket.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I know better than to speed but there has been for a long time scratch my back I'll scratch your thing amongst me and some guys I know on the force. It is no different than if Joe Public has a buddy that is a cop and asked him to take care of it. No different than a lawyer being buddies with a guy and getting him out of stuff.

I think this is sort of the problem. There seems to be this perception on your part that if you either A) know people (your buddy is a cop) or B) are a member of some fraternity (you are a fireman or policeman) that you are somehow exempt from the law or that the law does not apply equally to you and even in your second post that still seems to be the case. Asking someone to "take care of it" (your words) is inappropriate at best. As for a lawyer, well, his job is to get people out of stuff but they do it through the courts, not through fixing tickets.

Backwoods

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You have just entered into negotiation between you and the state for being arrested. It happens to the best of us.:dunno:

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    All I was asking for here was a determination if I can fight this as he has two key pieces of my info wrong, and he misread them because they are right on my license.
    In Marion County? I doubt it would be a winnable defense. Remember, all that is needed to be found guilty is 51%. Guilty=more likely that he/she did it than not. Hard to fight that with a mere typo on a UTT. The prosecutor only needs that YOU were stopped by said officer for said offense at said location on said date. Anything more than that is gravy. Now if the location on the UTT was completely off that is WAY winnable. If it was not your name on the UTT, that is winnable. If the UTT had the wrong date on it, that is winnable. Those are KEY pieces required to find guilt. Now if the DOB written is nothing like the correct DOB that might fly. If the OLN is nothing like your correct one, that might win.

Last edited:

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hopefully I can find a fellow brother of the shield to help me out with this.

Also I am wondering if I can dispute this since he has my birthdate and drivers license number wrong. Any lawyers or police officers with info about my question feel free to post.

Sounds like one already helped you out.

I noticed the speed limit is not in question nor the speed you were traveling.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    If I can't fight it because of the bad info and if my buddy is correct in what he told me today then I will pay the ticket.

There's also no reason to take it any HARDER than any one else would have to.

Check out the diversion thing, it's for real. Also call the prosecutor and "talk" it over with him. They can also often allow you to "cop a plea" to a lessor offense if they are in the right mood.

blackenedman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    -snip- As for a lawyer, well, his job is to get people out of stuff but they do it through the courts, not through fixing tickets.
    Just a small point of contention; actually the attorneys job is merely to make sure you get a fair trial. Not, as most people think, to "get people out of stuff"... I"m just sayin'...;)

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    JMO, it will most likely cost less to just pay it, any traffic ticket is hard to beat. I think you'll find that in the small towns there is still a lot of friendship between the fire and police departments.

:cheers:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Just a couple things . Where you realy speeding ? If you where suck it up you broke the law, got caught now just pay the fine . Are you guilty ? Hey last month I got a seat belt violation . Sure I thought it was bull but hey I did brake the law so I payed up WTF I was guilty . Everytime I speed I know I could get caught but I chose to speed so its my fault nobody elses . If you dont want to pay then dont brake the law ! Pretty simple isnt it . Have a merry X-mas :patriot:

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    JMO, it will most likely cost less to just pay it, any traffic ticket is hard to beat. I think you'll find that in the small towns there is still a lot of friendship between the fire and police departments.

:cheers:
    I know someone in the clerk's office here in town. She says she sees people hiring lawyers all the time to fight tickets. Even seat belt violations which are $25, she will get notice of lawyer involvement. They have to be spending more than the ticket.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Every "speeding" ticket I have ever gotten.........I deserved.......I paid them...........and
    the only whining I did was because, I was stupid enough to give my money away that I could have spent on guns or ammo!

Just because there was a typo, GEEEEEEZ.........man up........pay the fine.......slow down!

:twocents:

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I just drive a vehicle that doesn't like to speed. Been pulled over 2 times, both enroute to the F.D. Both were forgiven. But both were in a vehicle that liked to speed. So I bought a vehicle that strains to go over 70. That way it feels like I am going faster than I really am at 50. Havn't been pulled over since. Alot of cops I know when they find out you are a firefighter will write you because they excpect you to know better. Especially if you ask them for leniancy(sp).
    One of those times my Batt. chief knew about it before I had a chance to talk to him. He understood, but let me know in a way that I won't do it again. I just figure it ain't worth it.

Brilliant!!! I bought a Jeep and simply remind myself that I am driving a Jeep and not a BMW and therefore should drive within the limits of a Jeep SUV. Oh...and I resist the urge to buy a BMW. Actually I'm thinking of buying a late nineties 3 series to take to ORP or Putnam Park every now and then.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    The last ticket I got was for speeding, and I hadn't had a moving violation in years. I was able to cop to a "nolo contendre"(sp) which was a "no contest" type of admission. It didn't go on my record, but I had to pony up the entire fine. Just an idea...........

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Brilliant!!! I bought a Jeep and simply remind myself that I am driving a Jeep and not a BMW and therefore should drive within the limits of a Jeep SUV. Oh...and I resist the urge to buy a BMW. Actually I'm thinking of buying a late nineties 3 series to take to ORP or Putnam Park every now and then.

That is what I drive.

Top Bottom