• ...and so much more!
  • vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I don't know man, honestly with the amount of crap that particular department spends money on (ie forming and paying committees of convicted felons turned preacher to dictate where IMPD is headed) certainly they could re appropriate some of it while also trimming the fat. Most cops would gladly pay for an alarm to be installed themselves, but all the alarms would have to be uniform, they'd all have to have prior approval and be installed by a company that has been certified to do so.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Anyone else remember the commercial shown during the movie "RoboCop" where the car alarm warns the thief to "step away from the vehicle" and then electrocutes him when he tries to break in? It's a darn shame no one ever brought THAT to market...

Well that cop's car just needed the Trunk Monkey!
    All The Trunk Monkeys - Video
    :D

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    INGunOwners - Northwest Indiana

General NWI Status Update Thread (Subscribe to it):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html

UPCOMING EVENTS
    APRIL MEET & SHOOT
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...445-nwi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_april_2011_a.html

NWI INGO Shoot
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/general_firearms_discussion/136884-nwi_ingo_members.html

Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

Appleseed for NWI
    2 Day Courses
    Sand Burr Gun Ranch: Calendar
    02-03 APR 2011 @ Sand Burr, Rochester, IN

Keep this post for uncoming info & updates
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/appleseed/107083-new_ranges_coming_to_eventbright.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, I put all my guns out on my lawn last night. I awoke to find them all cleaned and oiled with a note that read "Nice collection. Very truly yours, Lafayette Police Department."

:dunno:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Jeremy knows his stuff for sure which is essentially what i'm talking about. This guy had to have some prior knowledge. If the average citizen breaks into a cop car he'd be confused looking at the shotgun mount as to how to get it open other than pressing the button and finding that it doesn't work. unless you've done some prior homework most would be stumped and by the time you figure it out someone will have seen you...which brings me to my next question...WHERE WERE YOU ON THE NIGHT OF THE 28th?!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: yeah, Jeremy, where were you? :):

Being the Good and Loving Husband that I am I was holding my Wife's Hair out of the way as she was vomiting...
    Love when the Wife catches the Flu... :(

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    I'm in a different line of work. And, the Vice President of our division once stated about our high-end laptops: "if you lose yours, or have it stolen out there, don't bother coming back to work. Period!"

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Hopefully your boss doesn't have employees that go to downtown indy. For some reason people with laptop computers like to leave them on their front seats while parking in front of homeless people.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    So what? This city has a theft and burglary problem. Policy and administration won't change so why is it a big deal when someone has the balls to rip off a cop car?

Past and present city administrations and law enforcement won't do a thing to put pressure on pawn shops and the movement of stolen merchandise in this city so why should anyone be surprised.

Policy is to "catch the bad guy" which is merely catching stupid morons with bookbags full of stolen electronics as they run down the street while the money men operate fences for stolen goods in plain sight. Until the brass in IMPD or the political adminstration decides to dedicate manpower and take an intellectual look at where the money flows petty thefts and burglaries will simply continue.

Ever notice why the sales floor of a pawn shop is so small and the warehousing portion is so large? Wonder why they have shipping agreements with other pawn shops out of state and move tractor trailors of merchandise across state lines to sell in other locales? Why do pawn shops in Indy often take in merchanise at one locale and store it in another? Duh. The lack of accountability and identification requirements at pawn shops breeds criminal activity.

Ok, off the soapbox. I have been doing criminal defense work for 15 years and this morning I am just not up to polishing turds. Apologies.

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Thank you for making my job much easier! Now any time someone calls the police because a thief stole their car stereo out of their car I will inform them that it was lost not stolen and we are not the lost and found. Wow. What is next, if a cops house is burglarized I suppose he lost everything that belonged to him. I for one am growing bored of your blatantly Anti-law enforcement propaganda that you spew daily on this reputable web site. I understand this is a Web forum but how about exercising a level of humility and understanding that we are people just like you. We live eat sleep and love. We have chosen a profession and though sometimes we may falter, we will rise up from the mud, dust our selves off and continue the fight.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Thank you for making my job much easier! Now any time someone calls the police because a thief stole their car stereo out of their car I will inform them that it was lost not stolen and we are not the lost and found. Wow. What is next, if a cops house is burglarized I suppose he lost everything that belonged to him. I for one am growing bored of your blatantly Anti-law enforcement propaganda that you spew daily on this reputable web site. I understand this is a Web forum but how about exercising a level of humility and understanding that we are people just like you. We live eat sleep and love. We have chosen a profession and though sometimes we may falter, we will rise up from the mud, dust our selves off and continue the fight.

You must have missed the members saying that they feel for you (police officers). Calm down. Showing your bitterness only makes yourself and others in Law Enforcement look bad.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    cops never lock their cars. i use to work at a place that did maintenece on police vehicles. They'd leave loaded shotguns, loaded ar's handcuffs, tear gas you name it, they'd just leave it in the car.

Then when you'd go get it from the parking lot it would never be locked.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I bet if I had guns and other valuable stuff stolen out of MY vehicle, every cop around would tell me that's what I get for leaving that stuff in my car where thieves can get to it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    cops never lock their cars. i use to work at a place that did maintenece on police vehicles. They'd leave loaded shotguns, loaded ar's handcuffs, tear gas you name it, they'd just leave it in the car.

Then when you'd go get it from the parking lot it would never be locked.

but cars have windows that can be broken so does locking them really matter to a theif?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I understand this is a Web forum but how about exercising a level of humility and understanding that we are people just like you.

Ummm, IMPD, you do realize that cops were the ones to get all high and mighty and tell us feckless non-badges to lock our cars, not keep valuable in them and park our cars in garages, right?

Look at the finger wagging and hands on hips that I had to suffer from my own government here in Lafayette. Aunt Polly, er, I mean the Lafayette Police Department even left me a cute little report card on my truck at the office.

Heck, even here at INGO LEO types grabbed their lapels and rocked back and forth on their heels telling us that its our own darn fault if we don't secure our cars. So . . . who's at fault for Officer Wiggum leaving his shotgun and laptop in the car with the billboard on the car, which was parked outside his garage?

If the cops are going to go around my city wagging their fingers at me, prosecutors grabbing lapels and rocking back and forth on their heels and saying "its your own fault for leaving your gym bag in the SUV, Kirk" then I will run, nay, rush, with a raging stiffy to point out the log in their own eye. Thanks for keeping my tax dollars safe down there.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    cops never lock their cars.

Another brilliant statement.

You're absolutely right. I've never locked my car in 12+ years on the department. Sometimes I park in front of middle schools just before they let out with a loaded M16 laying on the front seat and the windows down.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Ummm, IMPD, you do realize that cops were the ones to get all high and mighty and tell us feckless non-badges to lock our cars, not keep valuable in them and park our cars in garages, right?

Look at the finger wagging and hands on hips that I had to suffer from my own government here in Lafayette. Aunt Polly, er, I mean the Lafayette Police Department even left me a cute little report card on my truck at the office.

Heck, even here at INGO LEO types grabbed their lapels and rocked back and forth on their heels telling us that its our own darn fault if we don't secure our cars. So . . . who's at fault for Officer Wiggum leaving his shotgun and laptop in the car with the billboard on the car, which was parked outside his garage?

If the cops are going to go around my city wagging their fingers at me, prosecutors grabbing lapels and rocking back and forth on their heels and saying "its your own fault for leaving your gym bag in the SUV, Kirk" then I will run, nay, rush, with a raging stiffy to point out the log in their own eye. Thanks for keeping my tax dollars safe down there.

So your gym bag was in a locked gym bag rack inside your locked vehicle then? A gym bag on the seat is different than a shotgun in a secured rack. Gym parking lots are thief favorites as people tend to leave their wallets/purses/cell phones in the car. I feel bad that you got your stuff stolen as no one should be a victim... perhaps you should check into some of your clients. I think you helped this meth head, infant beating, thief get out of jail early. He might have your gym bag.

http://www.in.gov/judiciary/opinions/pdf/01261003jgb.pdf

Last edited:

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Another brilliant statement.

You're absolutely right. I've never locked my car in 12+ years on the department. Sometimes I park in front of middle schools just before they let out with a loaded M16 laying on the front seat and the windows down.

:lol2::lol2::laugh:

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    I would check this incident very closely. It seems to me it would take a very stupid thief to try to rob someone they know for sure is armed. If this is true they should be eliminated form the gene pool!!! What kind of Idiot would try a robbery of a cop, someone he knows for sure is armed!!!! That makes no sense!!!

Top Bottom