• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • egard1977

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    One of my good friends is a Zionsville PO and I know how scared we all are to hear things like this. Thank God he works Zionsville and not on the East or West side of Indy.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    And guess what I was driving last night in Down Town? Silver Honda.

Got pulled over due to this incident last night while looking for a parking place. Officer asked me where I had been and where I was going. Then he asked me if I had any weapons in the car. I answered yes I did. He asked me where it was at, I told him IWB 12:00. He took my DL and LTCH back to his car and came back a few Minutes later and returned my DL & LTCH. Then he asked me to see my gun to which I had no issue with this as he had stated why he pulled me over. I went to the back of his car, slowly lifted my shirt and let him unholster the gun, he unloaded it smelled to see if it had been recently shot, gave me back the unloaded gun and mag with one round that had been cleared from the chamber and sent me on my way.

Since he returned your DL & LTCH, they know who you are, so I'm not sure I would have allowed him to disarm you. I would rather unhoster, clear and hand him a safe weapon to inspect. Just me... seems safer that way.

gunduffer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    SE INDY
    The officer didn't have anyone else there watching his back against the nutjob that shot him. The city has really failed the officers out there trying to cover everything as well as protection for its citizens.

gunduffer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    SE INDY
    I've had my van broke into and the steering column broke in June. My garage broken into and $3500 damage and loss in August. I can't sit out there with a shotgun every night, not that I could legally shoot anybody in my detached garage. . The best I've done is put locks on my gates. The finger prints they took are on a 3 week back log due to understaffing. How about a little more police out there to make things safer. I guess as long as the Mayor Ballard and his friends are allright, thats all that counts.

gunduffer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    SE INDY
    Basicly whats going to happen here is the police will step up their presence in this couple of block area in retaliation for this officer shooting, which is the right thing to do. It will take officers away from other areas where protection isn't enough already. Comeon Ballard, get off your duff and do something! Nothing will change, but I hope the officer recovers and I am thankful for his service. Find the shooter, imperative!

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    The officer didn't have anyone else there watching his back against the nutjob that shot him. The city has really failed the officers out there trying to cover everything as well as protection for its citizens.

Poop happens. This was a cold scene and completely random. I don't see how the city failed anyone in this case.

Are suggesting IMPD should be rolling a SWAT team van instead of a cruiser?

It's tragic. It sucks.

To use it as a call to hire more LEO's when budgets are strapped is absurd.

More cops don't stop crime, Chicago, DC... :rolleyes:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    That is very troubling. Crime is supposed to be down. But cop ambushes on the rise? I've seen several nationwide. I think there is a national directive from the street gangs. Samething with these crazy flashmobs. Just makes no sense why all this is occurring.

A lack of personal responsibility.

On all sides.

Don't fight back against crime, that's what insurance is for.

Don't fight back or step in, that's what we pay police for.

A lie has been proffered that a 'thin blue line' protects or does anything to deter crime.

The truth is a few guys with guns and badges can't do what the majority of moral and just society can.

Every society that has turned over it's duty to few men has always gone down this road.

It is systemic result of when "not my problem" meets "you owe me".

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Since he returned your DL & LTCH, they know who you are, so I'm not sure I would have allowed him to disarm you. I would rather unhoster, clear and hand him a safe weapon to inspect. Just me... seems safer that way.

I do not blame him for wanting to check the weapon out. He was checking if it was shot recently or was missing the amount of rounds that were shot at the scene.

AS far as the way I let him retrieve the weapon, ain't no way in haties am I going to touch a weapon with a cop recently being shot. He was just as nervous as I was. My worry of the gun going off was zilch. I carry a KelTec P11 with a mile long trigger pull.

Top Bottom