• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And not to hijack this too far, but I heard an interesting report on Homeschoolers in sports on my local PBS station today. Basically said IHSAA doesnt have to allow homeschoolers access to sports programs unless they take the same standardized tests that public school students do, and possibly be enrolled in at least one class at the school. Even then the local school can still refuse access at their discretion. Sorry, but as long as you are paying taxes, you should have access to those programs. (as long as you are not choosing a program outside your district)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I do so enjoy seeing them get this sort of response from the statists.

It gives me confidence that I'm on the right track.

As to the OP, everyone needs to mind their own business. No good will come of this. If IMPD is concerned about burglary, they should spend more time patrolling and less time ticketing.
    I've been working this area for almost 13 years and we've been getting calls like this all the time. I'd say that the VAST majority of burglaries are committed by juvi's. We just caught 2 yesterday. 11-17 is prime age for burglars. Where are all these "tickets" people claim we write? Patrolling is 99.9% of what beat cars do. We write tickets when needed but it is hardly worth mentioning.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    And not to hijack this too far, but I heard an interesting report on Homeschoolers in sports on my local PBS station today. Basically said IHSAA doesnt have to allow homeschoolers access to sports programs unless they take the same standardized tests that public school students do, and possibly be enrolled in at least one class at the school. Even then the local school can still refuse access at their discretion. Sorry, but as long as you are paying taxes, you should have access to those programs. (as long as you are not choosing a program outside your district)
    Districts don't even matter now since your kids can go to any school that will enroll them.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Denny347 said:
    I've been working this area for almost 13 years and we've been getting calls like this all the time. I'd say that the VAST majority of burglaries are committed by juvi's. We just caught 2 yesterday. 11-17 is prime age for burglars. Where are all these "tickets" people claim we write? Patrolling is 99.9% of what beat cars do. We write tickets when needed but it is hardly worth mentioning.

So how did you catch those 2 yesterday, out of curiosity?

IMPD must be different than my area. Here they must spend at least 25% of their time in speed traps or pestering people. I'd guess more like 50.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The homeschoolers should be easy to profile.

- No less than 4 kids
    - Girls in dresses (below knee), hair slightly above the waist
    - Boys in Khakis and polo shirts (either buttoned to the top or with white T-shirts under the polo), short hair
    - Constant references to ancient Greece
    - Everyone has at least 3 answers to the question: "what grade are you in"?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Districts don't even matter now since your kids can go to any school that will enroll them.

Good point but I assume since property taxes, etc automatically flow to your local district, they shouldnt be able to use the excuse "you arent entitled to this resource" because they are getting your money.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Homeschool Story Problem:

If Ice Dog has 14 grams of crack and Cledus has two Xanax and four heavy suboxone pills, how many votes were stolen from Ron Paul in the primary?

Show your work here=>_____________________________

Obviously a product of the mind of a man from public school. :-)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I figured it wasn't from hassling random youthful-looking folks on the street.
    We still get those calls quite often. Likely don't get them in the more well off neighborhoods. We get them a lot in the lower income areas as the residents know that kids wandering around their neighborhood during the day throughout the week are likely up to no good...and they are right.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    This is why I tell my kids to always walk like you're going somewhere.....wandering tips people off.

When they're casing houses, have them always carry a stack of pamphlets and a clipboard. Everyone will think they're asking to donate to something and will totally leave them alone, and will be relieved that they don't come to the door.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When they're casing houses, have them always carry a stack of pamphlets and a clipboard. Everyone will think they're asking to donate to something and will totally leave them alone, and will be relieved that they don't come to the door.

Now here's a guy who knows how to get things done!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Burglaries are definitely worthy of using police resources, but I do not think the ends justify the means in terms of finding burglars. People should not be stopped or arrested because they do not have government permission to be out in public -- at any age. Calling 9-1-1 because you witness a young-looking person walking around during school hours is simply wrong.

Top Bottom