• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I forgot about this thread because I didn't have an Aimpoint for my AR. The Aimpoint zero targets will be pretty sweet next range trip.

nox

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    TX->IL->IN->MO->IN
    Free bump for some great targets.

Printed these out at work this morning and went to the range straight after work.

Using the 2moa 25/50yd targets, I had my Aimpoint PRO on target in less than 30 rounds and was destroying the shootNC at 50 yards immediately after!

thecolter

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2010
    Indiana
    Zero Targets Optimized for Red Dot Style Optics (Aimpoint, EOTech, etc...)

I've updated the Red Dot zero targets, but could not edit my previous post. Here they are:

I wanted to share some targets I created to assist in zeroing my Aimpoint optics. I was always unsatisfied with using other targets to zero my Aimpoints as I felt as if I was guessing whether or not to dot was correctly centered over the target. I created these to address my concerns and they have worked quite well and definitely speed up the zeroing process. I also have shot tighter groups using these targets.

The targets are ‘calibrated’ for use at 50 yards to obtain the 50y/200m improved zero.

The target consists of:
    • 1 MOA center ‘zero’ dot
    • 2 MOA green inner dot to correspond with 2 MOA optics
    • 4 MOA red outer dot to correspond with 4 MOA optics
    • Larger black ring to assist in centering the optic’s dot over the center of the target.
    • Bold gray cross-hairs to assist in centering the reticule on the target.
    • Grid lines with click adjustment references and adjustment dial references

When the target is correctly placed at 50 yards, the optics dot will completely cover the colored portion of the corresponding target. The black ring will assist in correctly centering the optic over the target for a near perfect hold (depending on if you do your part). Just shoot your groups and use the adjustment references to quickly move your point of impact. This should speed up the zeroing process and provide an extremely accurate zero at the same time.

Examples:

8513818288_a2efb03a06_o.jpg

Download the targets in .pdf format HERE

Just make sure your printer scaling is set to NONE / ACTUAL SIZE and you should be good to go.

I hope this can be useful to others.

Adjusted 25 yard targets for a 50 yard zero

Here are 25 yard targets that will give you a 50/200 yard zero when used properly when you only have access to a shorter range. These were made to work with standard AR sight height (2.6" - 2.8" over the bore) using averaged M193 / M855 velocities from a 16" barrel. These should also help those using different rifle setups (barrel length) and/or heavier grain bullets get close.

Place the target at 25 yards. Your point of aim should be at the colored / bold outlined portion of the target. Fire your group. Adjust the point of impact to the GRAY DOT in the middle of the target. If you follow the adjustment grid it will get you there. The math works out to give you a 50/200 yard zero.

Be careful to keep the optic's dot centered within the optic itself as much as possible when zeroing at this range as it is not entirely parallax free at 25 yards. Also, be sure to verify this at 50 yards when you can as there may be slight differences in each weapon that may alter the zero (sight over bore height, co-witness, barrel length, ammunition used, etc.).

25 Yard Target Examples:

8516619871_6ab107b2ef_o.jpg

The Aimpoint 25 yard - 50/200 yard zero target in .pdf can be downloaded HERE

Adjusted 25 yard targets for a 100 yard zero

Same instructions as the adjusted 25 yard targets for a 50 yard zero, only these are calibrated to give a 100 yard zero. Again, be sure to confirm your zero at 100 yards given the chance.

Examples:

8517734678_6a7d8f428d_o.jpg

The 25 yard - 100 yard zero target in .pdf can be downloaded HERE

If printing in black and white, use the green targets as I've found they print better in grayscale.

I encourage anyone who uses these to leave feedback in this thread for future improvements or suggestions. If there are any other targets you'd like to see (different calibers / loads) let me know and I'll will work something up.

Top Bottom