• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GlockZ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Since I shoot my 10/22 more then any other gun I own because its cheaper I'd like to improve its accuracy. I disassembled it noticed there is over spray on the receiver where the bolt rides. I read that some people sand it down the bare metal and polished it and also polish the contact points on the bolt. I have mixed feeling about sanding it down, but it does in theory sound correct. I'd also like to keep it under $50. I thought sanding the receiver and contact points and putting in a aftermarket hammer to improve trigger pull. I already have a quality scope. Any suggestions on this?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    155   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Rimfirecentral.com

Go to Rimfirecentral.com and do a little research. They have photos and detailed instructions on exactly what parts to polish and how to improve your accuracy on a budget.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I'm not positive I'm sure what you're talking about with the overspray on the reciever (like if I look in the ejection port at the underside of the top of the receiver?) If there is no friction there I suspect the gains would be minimal at best, but if there is friction there I could see where that would present a problem.

For less than $50 to improve accuracy I'd look into pillar bedding;there's supposed to be a part you can get at the hardware store dremel it down and it will help that screw fit more securely, total cost there should be about $5. Bedding the receiver to the stock with JB weld so that the receiver has no movement (about $10-15), and then spend the remainder on the $35 or $7 variety of trigger component replacements to lighten the pull and possibly reduce the travel of the trigger.

If you go to rimfire central there's DIYs on all of these and many many opinions if you search "accurizing" in the 10/22 section. There is also great debate over free floating or bedding the barrel, some folks say getting that barrel band off will make all the difference in the world; the level of debate on that leads me to believe any differences would be minimal. I plan on doing all of the above but priority for my 10/22 right now is getting a stock that will allow my eye to line up with the scope instead of the scope base.

Top Bottom