• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FordMan08

Shooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    24   1   1
    Nov 26, 2008
    Parts Unknown
    My mother in law is a nice enough person, kinda whacky but tollerable. She married a guy thats a nice enough guy, full of crapola on alot of things but tollerable. My problem is that even when my wife is not home they call me and invite thelselves over or just pop in unanounced. Tonight she calls and I tell her that her daughter is not home, she will be gone all evening. She then asks if we still have any of the babana nut bread that my wife made. I said yes, then she tells her husband that I just invited them down for some banana nut bread. I DID NOT!! I want to be left alone. How do you tell these folks without hurting their feelings to beat it? I hate thinking about cleaning my garage out but I guess it has to be done so I can park in there so they dont know im home. Why cant they just stay home until christmas, birthdays and cookouts??? I soooo dont need any new friends.

:dunno:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Boy did I read THAT title wrong! I thought you were looking for LEGAL advice!:rolleyes:

I see your problem is MUCH worse.
    You could try getting a dog that doesn't like In-Laws!:D

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    449px-Eject.jpg

EMC0853

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I know this is not the answer you're looking for but..... as painful as it is right now there will come a time in the future when you will remember these visits with a full heart and wish you could once more - just once more - experience it again. I was in the same place you were many years ago and felt exactly the same way. But believe me, I would give anything for another visit with my in-laws. As weird as this sounds, you're a lucky man to have in-laws that comfortable with you that they invite themselves over at the drop of a hat.

Just smile and embrace your life.

Or try hugging them all the time, forcefully and with gusto. That might give you a little more space.

Just a thought.

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Sorry to tell you this, but you married her, you married her family. They are also your family now.

My In-laws are both gone, as is my father. My 80 year old mother moved in with us, and my wife cares for her as if she was her own mother.

It's called family.

PointBlank

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    A simple solution just came to mind...Next time they come over, don't wear pants.:dunno:

Hey I've done it. I had the same situation except they wouldn't call and they would show up at all hours. Well enough was enough and one day I answered the door with nothing but the briefs and told them they would have to hang on a moment I was "taking care" of their daughter. Let's just say problem solved.

Top Bottom